Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I was told by the dealer that it will gain power after 5-10 tanks. So far it is great.

Hi guys. Newbie in this thread. I got a chance to buy a 670 champ for cheap.

Is this a good saw? What can you tell me about it? All I know is what I read off acres site.

TIA.

Is this a good saw? What can you tell me about it? All I know is what I read off acres site.

TIA.

Excellent saw.....the Champ is the later version....68 or so cc..one piece ign.....roughly the same as the Husqvarna 268XP..not to be confused with the reg (later) 268. Its Jonsered family members are the 625, 630 and plain 670 also some parts interchange with the 61 through 272XP series as these are of the same basic family as well. Parts are readily available new, used and after market. Grab it!!!!

Excellent saw.....the Champ is the later version....68 or so cc..one piece ign.....roughly the same as the Husqvarna 268XP..not to be confused with the reg (later) 268. Its Jonsered family members are the 625, 630 and plain 670 also some parts interchange with the 61 through 272XP series as these are of the same basic family as well. Parts are readily available new, used and after market. Grab it!!!!

That's what I like to hear. I'm going to look at it sometime this week. I'll put some pics up if I snare it. Be my first red saw!

Thanks for the info.

TIA.

Plus one for "Grab it!".

Picked up a 2171 the other day at the flea market. Very clean saw overall. The clutch cover doesn't have a scratch on it. Got it for 220 and gave it a good cleaning and now it is to pretty to use. LOL Oh well, I guess I will still work with my "look like its been through a chipper" 372.

Picked up a 2171 the other day at the flea market. Very clean saw overall. The clutch cover doesn't have a scratch on it. Got it for 220 and gave it a good cleaning and now it is to pretty to use. LOL Oh well, I guess I will still work with my "look like its been through a chipper" 372.

:clap: Congrats! My 2171 cost about $193.00, but it definately had been used. :cheers:

I got a nice 2071 for $150 but my 2171 was nearly $400. Love them both.
I already posted this pic up in the Partner thread but thought you Johnny guys might like to see another 1020.

PB190976.jpg

Al.

Still NO 1020

I got a nice 2071 for $150 but my 2171 was nearly $400. Love them both.
I already posted this pic up in the Partner thread but thought you Johnny guys might like to see another 1020.

PB190976.jpg

Al.

Im still missing that 1020!!!!!!!!!!! but did score a 590 Heated Handles for a small fortune!!!!

Duane

Nice find on the 590... I've been looking but haven't fond any lying around.

I have a brand new (from 1989) P/C for a 590 on the shelf in my shop.

Well buying it at a small local shop paid off. I was having a problem where the sprocket on the end of the bar was freezing up. I would have to use my scrench to work it back and forth to loosen it. So i called the dealer and they had me bring it in and replaced the bar with a Jonsered Total Pro one. Only cost me $10.00 out of pocket. I needed a bigger chain. The new bar is a 058 and the stock one was a 050. Both are .325 pitch. I think the other bar had a bad bearing in the tip. They even gave me two of those at a discount.

Well I have used this saw for a few weeks now and am already getting the mods bug. What would be the best first mod? I was thinking about a muff mod but would like to see what some others have done.

Jonsered Bars

I would really like to buy a couple of Jonsered branded bars to put on my 670S and 670Champ.Looking to get 28" 3/8's X.050 bars. Tried google, wasn't much help. Anybody with a line on them?Thanks!

J-red bars

I would really like to buy a couple of Jonsered branded bars to put on my 670S and 670Champ.Looking to get 28" 3/8's X.050 bars. Tried google, wasn't much help. Anybody with a line on them?Thanks!

Did you see the deal on the Jonsered 28" bars in the classifieds, 2-3 page on saws. there .058 but price is right, just run .050 they'll work fine.

Duane

I think this vid belongs in here. It's not real pretty @ the moment, also has the wrong top I believe. It's got a 54mm piston so I'm pretty sure it's a 90.
[video=youtube_share;J27TnCTqgPU]http://youtu.be/J27TnCTqgPU[/video]

Man Stumpy, that's a dirty ol dog. I'd have to say it looks like an 80 with a 90 top end. 54MM is definately 90 as is the decomp. I'm going to put one just like it together this winter (minus the crud LOL) and ported a bit just for kicks..... Thanks for the vid!!

Also just noticed it has the later 801/90 style recoil cover too...so who knows??? It's either an 801 or 90 with the 90 cyl but an 80 top cover and air cleaner or an 80 with the 90 cyl and recoil. Same difference either way..nice sounding ol rig!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back