Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man Stumpy, that's a dirty ol dog. I'd have to say it looks like an 80 with a 90 top end. 54MM is definately 90 as is the decomp. I'm going to put one just like it together this winter (minus the crud LOL) and ported a bit just for kicks..... Thanks for the vid!!

Also just noticed it has the later 801/90 style recoil cover too...so who knows??? It's either an 801 or 90 with the 90 cyl but an 80 top cover and air cleaner or an 80 with the 90 cyl and recoil. Same difference either way..nice sounding ol rig!!

Yah, I'm not sure what it started life out to be. So far seems to run ok.

Another Jonsered came home with me from our GTG last weekend.

Thanks Spike.

DSC_0036.jpg

Here's a vid of the dirty Johnny. Anybody have a clue what this thing might be worth if I was lookin to sell it?
[video=youtube_share;U95UyT6f0p0]http://youtu.be/U95UyT6f0p0[/video]

Twin 80's

Here's a pair of complete saws I recently picked up and will be on the winter cleanup/rebuild list. Both pistons and jugs appear to be clean, got spark, but both mufflers have seen better days. Not sure why my pic in this thread wouldn't load up right, but here's a link.

Jonsereds 80's

Last edited:
Here's a pair of complete saws I recently picked up and will be on the winter cleanup/rebuild list. Both pistons and jugs appear to be clean, got spark, but both mufflers have seen better days. Not sure why my pic in this thread wouldn't load up right, but here's a link.

Jonsereds 80's

Yeah it's extremely hard to find mufflers that are not spent and bent for these saws or top handles!! These wern't hotrods they were the workhorses of the brand and have the scars to prove it!!!!! Big saws in big wood equals big wear and tear...

Save a 670

Just picked up this hammered early-style 670, but the case isn't cracked and it has spark, so it's worth saving. Need some parts which I will post in the swap thread. If you can help, that would be great. Just can't see this one staying as a RAT saw.

Muffler's bone stock on this one. There are baffles in there but I can't say how many since it's sealed.

View attachment 210738
I have had this old 80 around for a while now. When I got her she ran pretty well but need what I thought would be minor work, I missed that by a bit. The intake and carb were the first problem worked them over and she ran good for about three days, then she lost spark, so I decided to tear her down, and get a good look, I found a lot more wrong the exhaust side of the piston and cylinder was scored badly, she needed a new star gear, clutch side cover and had one bolt holding the top cover down. That could explain quite a few of the ignition issues (Kinda like having the kill switch on strobe). Long story short finding parts for this is a bit if a drag. I made my list and patient put it together I about got it all together. It includes a new oem P&C kit complete with new wrist pin and bearing, found decent covers, new spur gear, new complete mag plate complete, and I just ordered a new carb kit, and new high tension coil, I need the fuel block and lines, and somebody got a kill switch they'll part with in a inexpensive fashion. I got a pretty chunk invested in both time and money on this saw, so now I need new bolts I was gonna order a batch, but have had a all week long brain fart, could some one please let me know what size bolts to buy for the top cover I would like to use a good socket head bolt I believe the size I need is 5.5x16, or are they 6x16, some one wanna help me here I have had a bad case of sometimers disease all week. It' gonna be a cool saw, anybody got the parts above please pm me.

Latest posts

Back