Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All true enough but I was going to let that sleeping dog lay. :laugh:

I was in a lawnmower shop a while ago sniffing around for any old Jonsereds that they might want to sell. The guy said yes, we have one... and he pulled down a dusty old 510 from the top shelf. Looked like it had run maybe 2 tanks of gas, then sat up there for the last 20 years!

I was in a lawnmower shop a while ago sniffing around for any old Jonsereds that they might want to sell. The guy said yes, we have one... and he pulled down a dusty old 510 from the top shelf. Looked like it had run maybe 2 tanks of gas, then sat up there for the last 20 years!

Good place for it...that's one dog that will sleep and should be left to it's business......I'll say-no-more....LOL!!

My Jonsered 601 was originality my Grandfather's, then my Father's, now mine, first saw I ever used, and love it.

Sadly, it has sat completely unused for 5-6 years, so now it restoration time, right now I'm trying to figure out a no-spark issue... But here she is, in "gettin fixed" mode!

Jonsered601b.jpg

Jonsered601.jpg

JonseredEngineandCarb.jpg

670 to 268 update

Some progress on the 670 Champ with 268 P/C. Cut the correct 4mm carb bolts to length, just waiting for the rubber piece that wraps around the intake block
attachment.php

attachment.php

The 268 top cover will fit the new style 670 cases. Only change is to move the left rear stud back about 12mm. I know it's ORANGE, but it will be painted black with Krylon Fusion before the saw runs.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can't keep them all, 70E and 670 Super have to go

Don't really want to put these on CL if an AS member is interested... see classifieds

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would like them both!! That 70E is sweet and what I would call a very resonable price for the condition......I have close to that in mine that I had to make that way from scratch...provide you allow me $2.00/hr for my labor!!! Very nice indeed... The 670 is nice too but just not the same...

670-268 almost ready to go

This is the 670 Champ (1992) that I picked up from a junk pile at a local saw shop. It was scored, but the crank was is great shape and everything cleaned up well.

I'm not trying to make the Husky guys mad by using a 268 top cover painted black, but nice 670 plastic is very hard to find. The 268 cover (from Northwood) fits perfectly on the new style 670 cases other than re-locating the left rear stud (bolt). The 268 P/C is also from Northwood. No more boot or pulse line!

Hopefully I can run it this weeekend and see how it does.
attachment.php

attachment.php

My Jonsered 601 was originality my Grandfather's, then my Father's, now mine, first saw I ever used, and love it.

Sadly, it has sat completely unused for 5-6 years, so now it restoration time, right now I'm trying to figure out a no-spark issue... But here she is, in "gettin fixed" mode!

Good history with the saw!!

Are you married??? that looks suspiciously like a kitchen counter,....

Jonsereds 80 Mufflers

A while back I acquired 2 Jonsereds 80's. I've just started to get into them and have a question about the mufflers. One of them has the typical muffler with the exhaust port on the upper clutch side corner of the exhaust box. The other is the same muffler box, but doesn't have the typical cutout in the upper corner but a hole in the lower half of the front of the muffler with 4 screws holding in what I assume was a baffle of some sort. In the pic the left side of the picture is the bottom.

1. Is this a Jonsereds 80 muffler? - seems to bolt up alright, but I can't find another saw with this style muffler.
2. If it is an 80 muffler, anyone have a pic of what the baffle looked like that covered the cutout?

Here's the pic...Thanks for the help.

IMG_0207.jpg

A while back I acquired 2 Jonsereds 80's. I've just started to get into them and have a question about the mufflers. One of them has the typical muffler with the exhaust port on the upper clutch side corner of the exhaust box. The other is the same muffler box, but doesn't have the typical cutout in the upper corner but a hole in the lower half of the front of the muffler with 4 screws holding in what I assume was a baffle of some sort. In the pic the left side of the picture is the bottom.

1. Is this a Jonsereds 80 muffler? - seems to bolt up alright, but I can't find another saw with this style muffler.
2. If it is an 80 muffler, anyone have a pic of what the baffle looked like that covered the cutout?

Here's the pic...Thanks for the help.

IMG_0207.jpg

I have a 90 cyl with that same muffler.....I assume that it could have come on the 80, 801 or 90 as it is the legal spark arresting muffler....there is supposed to be a rather large screen secured and covered by a stainless steel louvered plate that is held in place with those 4 stainless screws......the mufflers that exit in the upper left hand corner with a square opening are not spark arrestors. I don't have a pic of that plate but do have one for a 70E which is mounted in a different place but looks similar.

Well I've read this entire thread looking for some Jonsereds/Jonsered history. I got what I was looking for for the most part. I've worked at a Jonsered shop for the last 20 yrs and I now have a new found appreciation. I wish there was more xd/xf info and the stuff preceding the 621. I think I'm going to have a go at resurecting a 930 that been on my shelf for a couple of years. Then maybe a 621. Do you guys have a fix for the old metal fuel tanks that get corroded inside? I've always filled them with 3/8 stone chips and water and given a good shake to clean them out, but do you leave them bare after cleaning or kreem them? What do you guys do to get a list of your saws/equipment at the bottom of your posts?

Well I've read this entire thread looking for some Jonsereds/Jonsered history. I got what I was looking for for the most part. I've worked at a Jonsered shop for the last 20 yrs and I now have a new found appreciation. I wish there was more xd/xf info and the stuff preceding the 621. I think I'm going to have a go at resurecting a 930 that been on my shelf for a couple of years. Then maybe a 621. Do you guys have a fix for the old metal fuel tanks that get corroded inside? I've always filled them with 3/8 stone chips and water and given a good shake to clean them out, but do you leave them bare after cleaning or kreem them? What do you guys do to get a list of your saws/equipment at the bottom of your posts?

Welcome to AS, and to the Jonsered thread. I think you need to get to 50 posts before you can do that. Give a word, take a word and the newbie thread in the off topic section will help you with that. If you came here for chainsaws, we all did that. But there's a lot more.

I would probably do you thing with the kreem if its corroded. Did that to an 011 to seal a crack, easy to do and has lasted a couple years now. Stone chips is a first, small nuts or lock washers, I used BB's on the last tank I cleaned. Magnesium is a hard woman to deal with once the pitting starts. Good luck!

Jonsered 630 to Husky 272XP conversion

This topic may have been covered before but I can't find an archive of it. I'd like to convert my tired 630 with a 52 mm 272XP kit like this eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Can any of you guys give me some insight to the trials of doing so? If this is doable I'd like to also so my 625II. Can't beat the deal on 3 cylinder kits for $160.
Thanks in advance
David

I was getting ready to put a 670 back together with a used P/C when a couple of other members led me to the 268 P/C conversion. It's the same 50mm bore, but my main reason for doing this is to get rid of the 670 boot and pulse line.

Purchased the Gilardoni P/C kit and intake block from Northwood, seems to be very good qualtity. Found an old 670 intake elbow with the support foot, and so far it's all looking good.

Pics - I use an old 630 cylinder as a pressure/vac test jig
View attachment 213891

Dry fit of the carb, block, intake elbow, still need to change the carb top cover
View attachment 213892
View attachment 213893

Piston/cyl
View attachment 213894
View attachment 213890

More to follow after I get it all back together and running.

Welcome to the site and this thread......$160.00 is a crazy good deal for three 272XP P&C sets.......However as interesting as it sounds I would probably shy away from "GardenToolsChina"..they may work fine but I would not count on it!!!! I would be more confident in a good used Mahle cyl and new Meteor piston which you should be able to get for around $80.00. That's about what I have paid for 268XP and 272XP used OEM cyl and new Meteors..then you know what you have...and if you want part company with a saw later it will command a much better price than when built with chinese parts. I think it's one of those "If it sounds to good to be true....then it probably isn't" things. But should you choose to go that route...we're "All ears" to see how it works out for you...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back