Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,looks like I took one in the shorts,thats the chance you take when you buy from E-bad.:rolleyes2: I'll probably tackle this one in a few days. I like the saw and it runs great,just no oil! Its always an adventure with me and equipment...

Hey guys...I am looking for a recoil complete or just the shell, used in good condition for a 2071. The 2063 and 65 as well as the 21 series of these three will also fit......anyone got one of these kicking around and don't need??? Pm me if you do...Thanks.

I know this isn't the classifieds but you may have one and don't know you want to sell it yet!!!! LOL!!!

Jonsereds 80 head bolts

Anybody know what the specs are for the Jonsered 80 head bolts. I'm assuming they are hex head. Anyone know what size hex they are. I don't need size and thread, just how to get them out. Thanks

Old 920

Hey guys. I am not a Jonsered guy, but I love all motorized objects. I have a chance to buy an old 920 with very low comp. It's complete and cruddy, but super cool and BIG. What's the major issues to look for to make these fry? Seals I'm sure on the ole girl will have been toast. any intake issues? Any value idea with no B&C? Thanks for the info.

jonsered 80 impulse line?

I'm tearing down a very dirty jred 80. Theres a line that runs from the fuel block through a hole in behind the clutch. I thought it was an impulse line and would find a place to connect to the crankcase, but haven't found any hookup. Anybody know what this line is? By the way, that saw keeps getting lighter as I remove more saw dust and bar oil from all the nooks an crannys.

I'm tearing down a very dirty jred 80. Theres a line that runs from the fuel block through a hole in behind the clutch. I thought it was an impulse line and would find a place to connect to the crankcase, but haven't found any hookup. Anybody know what this line is? By the way, that saw keeps getting lighter as I remove more saw dust and bar oil from all the nooks an crannys.

Its the vent line, IIRC these were impulsed through the carb block. If there is only one nipple on the carb, that would confirm my thought.
Amazing what can pile up over twenty years.

Hey guys. I am not a Jonsered guy, but I love all motorized objects. I have a chance to buy an old 920 with very low comp. It's complete and cruddy, but super cool and BIG. What's the major issues to look for to make these fry? Seals I'm sure on the ole girl will have been toast. any intake issues? Any value idea with no B&C? Thanks for the info.

If the top end is toast, I wouldn't buy it unless you needed parts. They are nice saws but finding parts for it to rebuild is going to be a pain and expensive. If it were me, I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it if it were complete. You will have a VERY hard time finding a top end that is usable and reasonably priced.

That hose is the vent for the fuel tank. There should be a bronze fitting in the end. You will need a 5mm hex wrench to get the head bolts out of the cylinder. Like Cantdog mentioned, clean the crud out before you try to loosen them. I find that if you put a 3mm hex wrench in there and spin it around that it usually clears most of the crap out.

Its the vent line, IIRC these were impulsed through the carb block. If there is only one nipple on the carb, that would confirm my thought.
Amazing what can pile up over twenty years.

All the older Jonny's were impulsed through the carb. If you rebuild the carb, make sure you don't tear the intake gasket when you remove the carb. You will need to reuse that gasket because the new ones in the gasket kit won't work.

All the older Jonny's were impulsed through the carb. If you rebuild the carb, make sure you don't tear the intake gasket when you remove the carb. You will need to reuse that gasket because the new ones in the gasket kit won't work.

Thanks for the heads up, the gaskets appear to be alright, but the diaphrams in the carb don't even move. I've got the carb kit on the bench.

Its the vent line, IIRC these were impulsed through the carb block. If there is only one nipple on the carb, that would confirm my thought. Amazing what can pile up over twenty years.

Yep, only a single nipple on the carb. I wasn't sure what I was going to find under all the gunk, but the saw's in alright shape. A little chewed up magnesium on the bottom of the case, but nothing too bad. A lot of the cooling fins were pretty caked up, but got it all pulled apart and am in the process of cleaning.

That hose is the vent for the fuel tank. There should be a bronze fitting in the end. You will need a 5mm hex wrench to get the head bolts out of the cylinder. Like Cantdog mentioned, clean the crud out before you try to loosen them. I find that if you put a 3mm hex wrench in there and spin it around that it usually clears most of the crap out.

Thanks, got the jug off. As far as the vent goes, does is just hang behind the clutch? No brass fitting to be found looks like it was lost along the way somewhere. Although I've got another complete parts saw in the shed, I'll see if that ones got the brass fitting.

I like my 930 so much I am looking at a 2094 to go with it. It is in really nice condition but missing the oil pump and worm. I did a quick search but did not find any compatability with other J'reds/Huskies.
What is availibilty like? Are they a worthwhile saw? Any opinions welcomed.

Al.

I like my 930 so much I am looking at a 2094 to go with it. It is in really nice condition but missing the oil pump and worm. I did a quick search but did not find any compatability with other J'reds/Huskies.
What is availibilty like? Are they a worthwhile saw? Any opinions welcomed.

Al.

The 2094 is a good saw. I have never ran one but it is on my short list. It is supposed to be a little more 'hot' compared to the later 2095. The oil pump from a 2095 should work. Good luck!

Thanks for the comments guys. I am flat out at work and have not had a chance to look at oiler compatability with the 2094 yet. I think I can get the saw for around $150.00 and it is in really good condition - but I have an awful lot of 90cc class saws, not sure I need another.:msp_smile:
I was hoping it had a 395 oiler as they are plentiful. Will check when I have more time.

Al.

According to the IPL's the 2094 has a unique oiler setup. The 2095 and 394/5 share the same oiler but not with the 2094. I think you could replace the whole oiler with a 2095 version but you might have to split the case to get a brass gear off the crankshaft. This is just from looking at the IPL's, not actual experience so take it with a grain of salt.

Jonsered 621 - anyone looking for one?

Ran across a 621 that I have only seen pics of but it is supposed to be complete and running. I may go look at it tomorrow, but I don't need another project right now.

Anyone interested?

According to the IPL's the 2094 has a unique oiler setup. The 2095 and 394/5 share the same oiler but not with the 2094. I think you could replace the whole oiler with a 2095 version but you might have to split the case to get a brass gear off the crankshaft. This is just from looking at the IPL's, not actual experience so take it with a grain of salt.

You're the man PB!! I have the problem that I assume things from a logical point sometimes and this gets me in trouble.....Now I would have thought that the 2095 might have an oddball oiler due in part to the fact the these saw were designed from the factory for milling operation.....and that the 2094 would share oil pumps with its other chainsaw relatives....silly me....

Back