Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That plastic shrink wrap stuff it pretty elusive. I think the only source I ever found was Stihl...they have two sizes. I guess it's brutal to put on too...requires a air compressor nozzle and some cussing. I always thought that a textured paint(like Rhino Lining but not as aggressive) might work great.

Kevin

I always figured it was a distributer(s) that for some reason bought/spec'd painted wrap handles vs. plastic coated. Any jonsereds I've seen or bought out of the Midwest had the plastic wrap.

I only met the guy once but there was a midwest sales rep that spent his entire career with Tilton from the beginning until the end, it sure would be cool to have him on the forum.

My theory at least with full-wraps, is that there were specific NA subcontractors that put these on the saws and probably some slight variances along the way. Agreed...a major distributor person in sales during that period could answer this question.

Kevin

The latest versions of these saws... 49SP, 52/52E... had the top handle like yours......not paint exactly but not the earlier, thicker plastic coating. I have several 49SP with this handle as well as several with the more standard plastic coating......

I 'm sure this was a cost cutting measure just before the end.......you'll also notice on that late 52E it also has the plastic bottom on the trigger handle...like the 49sp....all the earlier ones had the same metal bottom as the 51 and 80

I remember that I waited a couple of yrs to find the plastic wing that bolted to the metal bottom handle on my 80. The original wing broke. And somehow during those yrs, I put an entirely different bottom handle on that was completely plastic with a wider base/wing. I have no idea what J'red that came off. A lot of possible interchanging on old J'reds....lol.

After reviewing that ad pic, the 52E handle looks a lot like the plastic handle I had on the 80 while I waited for parts.

Kevin

Figures.....back to the drawing board. I use to paint on the inside bottom of a huge canoe I have, with this marine product. It has grit in it to make it nonslip. I've spilled gas & oil mix on it many times without damage. It seems to take about a decade to deteriorate. Last time I went to a marine boat dealer and asked for it, they told me there was no such a thing. Don't want the grit though on a saw handle, more like small bumps in the texture.

Kevin

Oh...well LinkedIn takes a lot of 'liberties' and invents it's own stuff. I've been in the fencing business since 2003, so a ten yr anniversary has already passed....lol. But thank you anyway. I'm still trying to figure out the actual 'use' of LinkedIn for my situation, here in a small town. Has it done anything for you?

Kevin

Has it done anything for you?

Not really. We kinda make fun of it in the office. ;)

But if you like, I'd be happy to "endorse" you for skills so it builds your exposure.
What are some of your areas of expertise? Beer drinking, always drives the speed limit, expert at running through the house with scissors? :D

Back