Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But...but....where are the oldies?;)

Kevin

I'm only a kid- when I started using these falling- we were at the 600 and early in the 20## family saws- so thats where my loyalties and affections lay.
Mind you, if a big old 111S shows up I might be forced to go old school. :laugh:

Truth be told- small country, small population and Jonsered were never that popular here- the forests were ruled by the orange and grey bogons.

I'm only a kid- when I started using these falling- we were at the 600 and early in the 20## family saws- so thats where my loyalties and affections lay.
Mind you, if a big old 111S shows up I might be forced to go old school. :laugh:

Truth be told- small country, small population and Jonsered were never that popular here- the forests were ruled by the orange and grey bogons.
LOL!! I was thinking that you must have most of the reds saws in New Zealand!!!

Same size population on the opposite side of this tiny ball and Jonsered was actually quite popular 30-40 yrs ago.
OT: whenever you end up to a same gas station with Marty T just thank him for very good tube vids. He has a follower 17000 km away 😁

I found a 24 in.TsuMura bar & complimentary chain for $80 for my 910E.I've never owned a TsuMura bar before,looking forward to it's light weight.The seller had them in a choice of .050,.058,& .063 gauge.I opted for the .050.

Same size population on the opposite side of this tiny ball and Jonsered was actually quite popular 30-40 yrs ago.
OT: whenever you end up to a same gas station with Marty T just thank him for very good tube vids. He has a follower 17000 km away 😁

He lives up in the other Island- not likely to run into him at any gas stations.

Okay AS Jonsered folk- a few tried to tell me a while back no way a 600 series saw would have another s on the end of Jonsered, metal brake flag, multi pointed gas cap and such- BUT what about a 1991 670 Champ?

View attachment 1121739View attachment 1121740View attachment 1121741View attachment 1121742View attachment 1121743

So- nobody here is going to dispute the fact of a 1991 670 Champ?
Apparently they were not supposed to exist before late 93-early94 I have been told elsewhere.

So- nobody here is going to dispute the fact of a 1991 670 Champ?
Apparently they were not supposed to exist before late 93-early94 I have been told elsewhere.
That was my understanding too. They were the 670 Super II with the single ign. at first. Then they won several international logging competitions and the following year they became the 670 Champ. Could yours just have Champ recoil and clutch covers? Is it the two piece ign or one piece?

That was my understanding too. They were the 670 Super II with the single ign. at first. Then they won several international logging competitions and the following year they became the 670 Champ. Could yours just have Champ recoil and clutch covers? Is it the two piece ign or one piece?

Its a one piece ignition, Gilardoni cylinder, I am the 3rd owner, knew the first owner (deceased) and know the second owner, saw was sold locally by the only Jonsered agent in the region and has never left the province.
As such I have no reason to believe it is a molested Super in disguise- but since 1991 I guess anything could happen.
Our old friend Sawtroll did reference 670 Champs from 1992- but that isnt 1991.

Would anyone know what seals to use in a 361?The 361 was made in Trail,B.C.Canada.It wore different color paint from other companies as well.

From what I remember- NLA
But the part number is/was 530019059

They were as you say made for and painted a gazillion different brands and colours- so somebody might have a set somewhere for another model.

Or take the saw and or old seals to a seal & bearing shop- let them meaure it up and find you the next best thing.

From what I remember- NLA
But the part number is/was 530019059

They were as you say made for and painted a gazillion different brands and colours- so somebody might have a set somewhere for another model.

Or take the saw and or old seals to a seal & bearing shop- let them meaure it up and find you the next best thing.
Are you sure about that part #? In my IPL it's listed as 100025 or 100026.The 530019059 sounds more like a Poulan part #.
Edit:Yes,I did a search on eBay & it fits several Poulan saws.It's very possible that since Husqvarna bought up Jonsered & Poulan that the same oil seal was used on many different branded saws.

Its a one piece ignition, Gilardoni cylinder, I am the 3rd owner, knew the first owner (deceased) and know the second owner, saw was sold locally by the only Jonsered agent in the region and has never left the province.
As such I have no reason to believe it is a molested Super in disguise- but since 1991 I guess anything could happen.
Our old friend Sawtroll did reference 670 Champs from 1992- but that isnt 1991.
Well that definately sounds ligit....I have never seen one with a Gilardoni top end either.....though I have heard about them. They were supposed to be the most powerful 670 setup. Interesting!!

Are you sure about that part #? In my IPL it's listed as 100025 or 100026.The 530019059 sounds more like a Poulan part #.
Edit:Yes,I did a search on eBay & it fits several Poulan saws.It's very possible that since Husqvarna bought up Jonsered & Poulan that the same oil seal was used on many different branded saws.

Well, I was sure to the point that was the part number I had for the Husky 35 saw I have- like I said- they come in many colours, many names and the same saw from the same company.

Well that definately sounds ligit....I have never seen one with a Gilardoni top end either.....though I have heard about them. They were supposed to be the most powerful 670 setup. Interesting!!

To be honest- I am no expert by any means and this saw is a goodun regardless of what the stickers say.
But Gilardoni were not used for a huge space of time and usually at the beginnings of a model run or some form of change within that model- maybe they were more open to short production runs or something until any refinements were carried out and major run production handed over to Mahle?
Don'know- only speculation on my part.
Certainly caused a bite from a certain Scandi saw collector though when I put the photos up elsewhere. :laugh:

Bob,I looked on a site here in the U.S.called Sawzilla,they sell aftermarket parts made by Proline.They carry the seals,part # 530019059 for $14.95/pair.The # you gave is a Husky part # that they added on to the original Poulan part #.Original Poulan part # was 19059,Husky added on the 5300 prefix when they bought up Poulan.I'm going to order a couple sets & see if they'll work.I have a set of Pioneer P10 seals that I'm going to put in a Danarm 1-36,both of which were variations of the 361.

Pretty much, every saw was offered and issued a winter screen filter, and a summer flocked, fleece, thicker filter. Thats a given. Replacement parts for some old saws are hoarded solely for the value. The rest need not bother.

Latest posts

Back