Jonsered cs 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold a 359 on C-list a while back for $325.00.
It had a new top end, new carb, new metal carb clamp, and a nice little muffler mod.
I'm not seeing a pic of the muffler mod right now, but here's a pic of the the saw...

attachment.php

Autotune ohh yes it is!

I never heard of a 2159 with autotune.....:givebeer:

Well I just went to the work shop to check it out again. It IS autotune most certainly. SawTroll you may have to update on your information about the CS2159. The saw is in for a chainsharpening as the owner is lazy and do not have the skills to sharpen his own chain. He is a mechanic owning his own shop! If he does it him self it cuts to either side or not at all!
But it´s an autotunesaw none the less! I am in person not overly impressed with the saw. A bit bulky and not that torqy as I may like. Feels a bit like the husquarna 262XP. But I do actually like the 262 more than the Jonny.
SawTroll::givebeer:

Nice weekend to all of you!

Motorsen

You fellas up North there allowed to do muffler mods?

The 359/2159 responds quite well to opening the muzzle.

Sold a 359 on C-list a while back for $325.00.
It had a new top end, new carb, new metal carb clamp, and a nice little muffler mod.
I'm not seeing a pic of the muffler mod right now, but here's a pic of the the saw...

attachment.php

That is an e-tech saw - but you probably replace the cat muffler?

Well I just went to the work shop to check it out again. It IS autotune most certainly. SawTroll you may have to update on your information about the CS2159. The saw is in for a chainsharpening as the owner is lazy and do not have the skills to sharpen his own chain. He is a mechanic owning his own shop! If he does it him self it cuts to either side or not at all!
But it´s an autotunesaw none the less! I am in person not overly impressed with the saw. A bit bulky and not that torqy as I may like. Feels a bit like the husquarna 262XP. But I do actually like the 262 more than the Jonny.
SawTroll::givebeer:

Nice weekend to all of you!

Motorsen

:msp_w00t: If it has the AT, it is an oddity or an experimental saw.

Have a nice weekend! :msp_biggrin:

Yes, replaced the muffler, drilled it out and intalled an extra pipe.

I don't seem to have a pic of the muffler mod. Here's a pic of the right hand side of the saw.

attachment.php

I am usually able to talk people on cl down quite a bit and I like to see a saw in person before I buy it, just my personal preference, especially if there are shipping costs involved.

Not always true. Someone in Tomball has listed a way overpriced old Homlite on CL for at least four months.

I mean I say that within reason.

My point is,

I can take a pretty good/clean 372 and throw it on local CL.

If I want it gone in an hour i sell for $300
A day I sell for $400
by the end of the week $500
Willing to sit for a week and a half $575

:msp_w00t: If it has the AT, it is an oddity or an experimental saw.

Have a nice weekend! :msp_biggrin:

Well I cant' find the adjusterscrews on the carb. And if you check for instance the swedish, danish or american Jonsered site it states that it has build in fuel compensation.

Motorsen

The 2159 is a perfect all around saw for several guys out there. With a little repair work they can run good enough. And they don't like that 15K in the wood either...

2159 curt 9 25 11.wmv - YouTube

Good running saw there, but I like my work saws running 16,000 rpms
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vmcUXY1L-tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back