Jotul Oslo Door Ash Spilling-A Problem ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zodac said" Oh and I also have a Jotul 118 in the barn I should just use that but I think the Castine will have a longer burn. "

Would you concider selling the 118 , thanks

Well I might Jim but I'm in Maine and you're in Ohio. Shipping cost might be prohibitive?

I have been wondering about the Castine as well.What's the story?

Coog, I drove all the way over there too buy that Castine 2 1/2 hours) and told the guy I was on the way. He sold it too someone who came over right before I got there! They even asked me too help load it in this other guys pickup! I did, but I wasn't thrilled about the guy selling out from under me. Other guy offered him $50 more and he took it. :(

Last edited:
Coog, I drove all the way over there too buy that Castine 2 1/2 hours) and told the guy I was on the way. He sold it too someone who came over right before I got there! They even asked me too help load it in this other guys pickup! I did, but I wasn't thrilled about the guy selling out from under me. Other guy offered him $50 more and he took it.

You are a better man than me.I think I would have been more inclined to demonstrate for the gentlemen the adverse effects on cast iron when dropped from said pickup.

Coog, I drove all the way over there too buy that Castine 2 1/2 hours) and told the guy I was on the way. He sold it too someone who came over right before I got there! They even asked me too help load it in this other guys pickup! I did, but I wasn't thrilled about the guy selling out from under me. Other guy offered him $50 more and he took it.

You are a better man than me.I think I would have been more inclined to demonstrate for the gentlemen the adverse effects on cast iron when dropped from said pickup.

:clap: :clap: :hmm3grin2orange: I promise ya Coog, I thought about it! Just the audacity of him asking me sort of made me grin (internally while I held the poker face) Sheesh some people! :(

:clap: :clap: :hmm3grin2orange: I promise ya Coog, I thought about it! Just the audacity of him asking me sort of made me grin (internally while I held the poker face) Sheesh some people! :(

You're an OK guy Steve. Even helping load the stove ! :clap: Most of us would have left, with a comment about the fool's morals. :censored:

Buying or selling in Maine over many years has always been win-win transactions. I've never had a seller ( or buyer) break a verbal "contract to buy ".

There's a starter/alternator rebuild place on Route 1A north of Ellsworth. When the diesel alternator blew out ( new ~ $300+ ,or rebuilt ~ $150.), Bonded Auto rebuilt it. Since they're cash or check only, they let me take the alternator without paying (she holds the check book ) to return during the week with the check for $60. That's the usual Maine way, not the ditz who shafted you after your 2 1/2 hour drive.

For a Jotul Castine or other stove: try dealers in the region. They often have returns, trades, or 'scratch and dent' at good prices with a warranty. Our Oslo porcelain was a return, badly creosoted, barely used, for 40% off the retail with a new stove warranty.

Last edited:
Back