Jred 2065

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Have a chance to buy one at whatbi think is a very fair price. Can someone give me some info on how they run from experience? Never owned a jred before, but read a good bit of praise on here about them.

I have a 2165 and it has been a real good saw. I usually run a 20" bar on it, but I have run a 24" bar on it quite often. I have cut downed trees as big as 36 inches in diameter with it. It starts easily and has been very dependable.

Cant really comment on the Jonsered 2165,but have owned a couple Husky 365's.They are rock solid saws with good power to weight.

Internally its a husky 365 (pre XT). Built on the same bottom end as a 372. They're a solid 65cc saw, lots of parts available for them too.

The 2065 is the red version of the early (late 1990s +) Husky 365, that usually came with the open port top end.

Can they be converted to side chain tension? Im lookn at one myself, lot better prices than the 71 variants. I'd rather by a cheaper cleaner 65 & later on put a 75cc topend on it & know what I got.

Can they be converted to side chain tension? Im lookn at one myself, lot better prices than the 71 variants. I'd rather by a cheaper cleaner 65 & later on put a 75cc topend on it & know what I got.

Yup. I bought the aftermarket (import) cover with side tensioner off of the bay. Good fit and function.

For your records, I have a 2000 Jonsered 2165 from the UK that came with the open port top end and old style dual bolt intake tract.

Thanks!:) Not a big surprice though.

I believe the closed port top ends mainly was an EPA thingy for the US at first - and they have really narrow transfers, likely to keep the power output down at the same level as the open port one, and not getting too close to the 372xp.

This is just my thoughts, and not nessessarily the full story....

Latest posts

Back