JRed diversity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K9-Handler

K9-Handler

ArboristSite Operative
Time for a little diversity.

A friend just gave me his dad's two old saws since the dad is moving to a condo in FL.

The oldest is a Homelite Super EZ (not sure of the displacement -- the owner's manual doesn't list it, but it's tiny). Written on the manual is 11/7/77 as the purchase date.

The other saw is a Jonsered (no "S"!) 535. I did a search of the site but don't see a lot of folks listing them in their stables -- a few help-wanted postings for poor running saws. It seems like a decent 51cc saw for it's age -- just wondering why it's so rare?
This one came with a carrying case, scrench, five worn chains, the manual, parts list, and...the original bill of sale! It cost $399.00 in Feb. 1990 with a 16" bar, and the dealer threw in the carrying case for free.
It also came with two mufflers. My friend said his dad replaced the original because it had a hole in it. I hate to tell him..... :)

Since this is my first Jonsered, am I correct in assuming it takes the same bars as the small Husky?

Any idiosyncrasies with this model?

Thanks.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite