Jred ignition parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.358 win

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jonsered ignition.. Large trouble finding a replacement ignition for my Jred 630V. The ones that say " suitable replacement" are not even close... This is hands down my favorite saw,, yet only runs for about 4 seconds now.. Additionally,, when I tell someone that I have electrically heated handles, they are sure I just wiggled out of a straight jacket.. Makes it very hard to boast about a 13,000 rpm saw that does not run.. Any help out there locating the correct parts ??

Both 1 and 2 piece ignitions are available. For a time, you couldn't find any new 2 piece, zero aftermarket and used is always questionable. Is that the difference you are running into? My 630 and 630 Super are 2 piece, 630 Super II is one piece. Flywheels and cases are not interchangeable so you are stuck with what you got.

Both 1 and 2 piece ignitions are available. For a time, you couldn't find any new 2 piece, zero aftermarket and used is always questionable. Is that the difference you are running into? My 630 and 630 Super are 2 piece, 630 Super II is one piece. Flywheels and cases are not interchangeable so you are stuck with what you got.
You mentioned " available".. Any help with the who, or where, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jonsered ignition.. Large trouble finding a replacement ignition for my Jred 630V. The ones that say " suitable replacement" are not even close... This is hands down my favorite saw,, yet only runs for about 4 seconds now.. Additionally,, when I tell someone that I have electrically heated handles, they are sure I just wiggled out of a straight jacket.. Makes it very hard to boast about a 13,000 rpm saw that does not run.. Any help out there locating the correct parts ??
Jred ignition coils.jpg
The one on the right is right out of the saw.. The one on the left is advertised as a " suitable replacement ".. Clearly the left one doesn't fit. Hope this helps someone..

On everybody's favorite auction site search Jonsered 630 or Husqvarna 266 ignition. 2 piece pops up everywhere.
Thanx for the reply,,, I scoured these before posting... None of them have the correct parts or a even a close replacement... Hence the request for help.. Awhile back there was a purchase from LiL Red Barn,, in the photo on the left, is the one they said was the correct part.. Not even close ..

The only other test I could think of would be to unplug the heat accessory and test run, is that "robbing " the juice ? I'm claiming stupid. Possibly indicating a short,, or is it long ?? yuk yuk.. Still trying.

Is there not a separate module for the heating element? The few I've encountered have a stator under the flywheel. Different set of magnets. Not a common feature here.
I'm not certain of another set.. Never had the flywheel off.. If so, that sounds like it would be separate and not interfere with ignition juice.. I will have to check / trace the wire .

I'm not certain of another set.. Never had the flywheel off.. If so, that sounds like it would be separate and not interfere with ignition juice.. I will have to check / trace the wire .
One of my first guesses was a cracked magnet.. Which would mean a new flywheel I think.

View attachment 1048216
The one on the right is right out of the saw.. The one on the left is advertised as a " suitable replacement ".. Clearly the left one doesn't fit. Hope this helps someone..

For what its worth the "suitable replacement" you show will fit perfectly in my 630 Super and 266SE. I never seen one like the bottom one and like Chris said maybe only for the heated handle version but I really am just guessing at that.

My thought is the same, that its not connected to the ign. Can you post a picture of the case where that module bolts into?

Attached is the 1987 630 IPL that shows the Stator for the heated handles under the flywheel and doesn't appear to be integrated to the ign in anyway that I see.

Maybe @Cantdog can shed some light on this.

Attachments

• IPL Jonsered 630 1987.pdf
    549.7 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 1048216
Am I confused? In the pic I see there are two modules and one spark coil which is on the right. The two modules are one over the other...the top one is the one you need to go with that coil on the right. I have no clue as to what the bottom one is.

And Mark is correct the heating alternator has nothing at all to do with the ign system other than a special flywheel.

Almost impossible to find a NOS module or coil........you have to go used or AM....they are all over ebay.

Lol!! There was one NOS coil in there....$105.99......but free shipping!!!!
I got lucky when I was fighting that 266 I found a Nos coil on there for like $30 or so. In my messing around swapping parts between that and the 630 I ended up with the aftermarket parts on the 630 and was too lazy to take them back out so I left them on it. It runs fine too

Yep just searched ebay for "Jonsered 630 ignition". 123 offerings, but admittedly some are the later 630 one piece igns......not hard to find just all from China.....complete set goes for around $20.00-$25.00......coil and module.....
Just found your reply, rotate the pic ccw.. 90 degrees... I can post a pic of the chassis tomorrow.. I was fairly certain the heat thang was not part of the problem.. Any specifics on the locations or addresses of the parts you mentioned.. I also searched far and wide, ( including ebay) before posting the request for HELP.... The prices you mentioned are more than worth it.. Thank you for your outlook.. If I can find the CORRRECT one, will complain about the price later..

Back