Jred ignition parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cbfarmall gave me the idea and after some digging that module on the right appears to be to a 288. Not sure how that was bolted in a 630 case. The coil seems to look orientated different too, not sure whats going on there. Waiting for the case picture

Seems to be a discrepancy in the tag vs the part lookup.. Not certain 100 % yet, but a gentleman from Lil Red Barn just informed me of an ID problem... Also sent a pic of what looks to be the CORRECT part.. I can almost see a rooster tail of wood flying out of the Jred.. WOOOOHOO

Seems to be a discrepancy in the tag vs the part lookup.. Not certain 100 % yet, but a gentleman from Lil Red Barn just informed me of an ID problem... Also sent a pic of what looks to be the CORRECT part.. I can almost see a rooster tail of wood flying out of the Jred.. WOOOOHOO
This is the tag on the saw.... the coil he found matches the coil from a 820 or 830.. And they are in stock.. This guy found it.. Very Cool

Attachments

• 20230112_161218.jpg
    20230112_161218.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I hope you get what you need. I have 7 different versions of 630 IPLs. None say 630 V but several show the heated handle models. None show that type of module you have.

Still waiting for the case picture, but I want to know also if the coil mounts behind the recoil opposite the module or dose it mount up under the air filter?

Like I said that module looks like a 288 Husky model.

Look at the numbers on it and it crosses to the 288 module #501 81 27-02 Which is not listed on a 820,830 or 910 Jonsereds.

https://chainsawr.com/products/husq...ignition-coil-module-501-81-27-02-new-oem-h-6
Do a search on the module numbers themselves and you will see what I mean.

One on the right is from the saw.
I don't see how the one on the right (288) could even mount to a 630V case......the mounting bolts on it pretty much line up across the module, whereas the mouning on the correct module are offset by close to a half inch.

We need a pic of the case where the module bolts up.
Just found your reply, rotate the pic ccw.. 90 degrees... I can post a pic of the chassis tomorrow.. I was fairly certain the heat thang was not part of the problem.. Any specifics on the locations or addresses of the parts you mentioned.. I also searched far and wide, ( including ebay) before posting the request for HELP.... The prices you mentioned are more than worth it.. Thank you for your outlook.. If I can find the CORRRECT one, will complain about the price later..
As I said just search ebay for "Jonsered 630 ignition"
Here but one of many AM units that will come up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1448561388...b6PnOmxfbvoFsAObl+smJwTSXq|tkp:Bk9SR77H0a61YQ

Here is the pic of the chassis.. Thank you so much for your time and message responding to a Help request... A gentleman named Lee from Lil Red Barn found a difference,,,,,, and said the parts are " in stock". I have had this saw since I had hair, and it's really important to me.. Hope all this helps someone along the way...

Attachments

• 20230113_074846.jpg
    20230113_074846.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Here is the pic of the chassis.. Thank you so much for your time and message responding to a Help request... A gentleman named Lee from Lil Red Barn found a difference,,,,,, and said the parts are " in stock". I have had this saw since I had hair, and it's really important to me.. Hope all this helps someone along the way...

Not only is your module different, the coil is as well.

Like Robin said we need to see that case without that module in it. That spliced wire is giving more questions then answers

The coil looks OK to me ....as there were a few different ones over the years and different colors too.

But that module and the mounting is a gump someone did....likely in the time when Husky had stopped selling these igns but before when the AM came up to speed to solve that problem. In that time the OEM modules were hard to come by and someone came up with a workaround for it would be my guess. In the normal/original set up there is no place whatsoever for three mounting screws. Only the one in the middle near the flywheel and the offset one that fits in the mounting notch in the case. I would not buy another module like that since there are many options for the correct parts these days. No sense using mongrel parts to no advantage. Not to mention LRB would not be my first choice to buy from.

Yup, someone adapulated a 288 module in there, it can work assuming the module and wiring is good.

Here's one I did, going back away's before the aftermarket stuff popped up, not the greatest solution as the 288 coils weren't really easy/cheap to come by either...

Attachments

• 61 288coil.jpg
    61 288coil.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 0
The coil looks OK to me ....as there were a few different ones over the years and different colors too.

But that module and the mounting is a gump someone did....likely in the time when Husky had stopped selling these igns but before when the AM came up to speed to solve that problem. In that time the OEM modules were hard to come by and someone came up with a workaround for it would be my guess. In the normal/original set up there is no place whatsoever for three mounting screws. Only the one in the middle near the flywheel and the offset one that fits in the mounting notch in the case. I would not buy another module like that since there are many options for the correct parts these days. No sense using mongrel parts to no advantage. Not to mention LRB would not be my first choice to buy from.

I should have said the coil looked different then the ones I have seen. I will defiantly defer to your expertise in these. I know Husky/Elux changed part numbers a lot and for reasons. I didn't want to come out and say it but I was thinking the module had been cobbled in there as well.

The kill wire is routed wrong and the grommet for that wire is missing. I'm trying to see why the OP thinks that replacement module won't fit or work. I'm thinking he just seen it was different and didn't actually try to bolt it in.

Here is a picture for the OP to see the correct ign setup and the wire routing.IMG_20221129_185925931.jpg

I should have said the coil looked different then the ones I have seen. I will defiantly defer to your expertise in these. I know Husky/Elux changed part numbers a lot and for reasons. I didn't want to come out and say it but I was thinking the module had been cobbled in there as well.

The kill wire is routed wrong and the grommet for that wire is missing. I'm trying to see why the OP thinks that replacement module won't fit or work. I'm thinking he just seen it was different and didn't actually try to bolt it in.

Here is a picture for the OP to see the correct ign setup and the wire routing.View attachment 1048458
Yep a pic is worth a thousand words!!!!!

All he has to do is remove the homemade bracket, mount the correct module, set the air gap and go........

That spliced wire is cause the original was mooshed and down to about two strands.. While the original did test for continuity, I decided to use a better piece than what the original was. Can send another pic ( of the chassis without the module) next time I go to the garage, which is a couple miles away. I went with LRB cause of doing business with a place of business instead ebay, which I do not trust.. I suppose ebay has their place, just not sure where that is..

That spliced wire is cause the original was mooshed and down to about two strands.. While the original did test for continuity, I decided to use a better piece than what the original was. Can send another pic ( of the chassis without the module) next time I go to the garage, which is a couple miles away. I went with LRB cause of doing business with a place of business instead ebay, which I do not trust.. I suppose ebay has their place, just not sure where that is..

The replacement module comes with the correct new wiring. That wire you used is way heavier gauge then what is needed.

I will not use LRB either, and for your info they are a big ebay seller. Your better off having better buyer protection through ebay then dealing directly with LRB. So there is a reason to use Ebay. Seems like you already bought the replacement ign you need. No need for LRB to send a incorrect one.

No need to send another pic.....we know what they look like......Now we know there is a homemade part involved the questions are answered.

As Mark said you have what you need now without spending more $$ on something that is incorrect for this saw.
Look closely at the pic Mark posted of the Husky....the wire routing requires those smaller wires in order to fit in the passages where they supposed to be and protected. All these early (pre case change) Huskys and Jonsered run the same two piece ign and wires routed through the exact same passages.....same case.....different paint is all. This family consists of Husky 61 through 272XP and on the Jonsered side 625 , 630 and 670......all the same guts.

I am also doubtful that the 288 module from LRB is OEM either.....likely from VEC or China.....

The replacement module comes with the correct new wiring. That wire you used is way heavier gauge then what is needed.

I will not use LRB either, and for your info they are a big ebay seller. Your better off having better buyer protection through ebay then dealing directly with LRB. So there is a reason to use Ebay. Seems like you already bought the replacement ign you need. No need for LRB to send a incorrect one.
That wire is what I had available.. Instead of going to buy something else.. That grommet got lost along the way, did not want to tape it.. LRB took the time to call on the phone and offer an " exchange " after identifying a difference in the coils... Clearly, there was / has been a problem in determining the correct part.. That picture of the Husky sure looks like a good replacement.

Back