Just 12 days...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...until Daylight Savings Time, just 24 days until the first day of Spring.

It's has to be some sort of cruel, heartless joke.
Something near 3 feet of snow on my yard, sub-zero and single digit temperatures for the next 10 days, relentless winds pushing -30° windchill all week, more snow coming for the weekend.

If something don't change soon the suicide rate is gonna' go off the charts 'round here. Everyone you talk to is in a pizz-poor mood... heck, nobody even waves as they drive by anymore. The streets and roads are in such poor condition ya' can't hardly drive on 'em without something breaking. Retailers can't sell anything except ice-melt chemicals... and sure as hell can't start putting out the "Spring" goods without getting lynched by an angry mob. I ain't seen a genuine smile in near a month now. Police/sheriff "domestic disturbance" calls have doubled in the last month. The schools have so many "snow make-up" days they'll still be in session in June... criminy, they tried to do a "make-up" day last week, and it got canceled because of the blizzard‼

This sucks, even my friggin' dogs growl at me when I say good mornin' to 'em.
And now, because of this week's "polar vortex" bull$h!t, I'm gonna' need more friggin' firewood moved in the house‼
I can't find a good excuse to roll-out in the morning anymore... it was damn near 6:30 before I tossed the blankets back today.
Even the damn beer 'n' whiskey is getting boring...

Every muscle in my body aches from shoveling or some how or other dealing with snow non stop since last Thursday night!

I was in the 50's this weekend and there was a lot of melting, and everything is soaked. Now it's gonna freeze hard again for a bit this week, and they're talking about a reason to run the plows again. There won't be any pavement left in a month.

You aren't alone man we got more snow and negative temps coming this week too. It was mid 40's over the weekend so we got some good melting but now its back in the teens everything is frozen solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't the snow so much as it is the below zero wind chills. Night, after night, after night........ Since December.

anyone talking about shipping all your snow out to us in Cali? we could sure use it.

:p

Okay, I'm running out of room to push snow! Arrange shipping/loading and it's yours!

Spidey, I'm with you on this one!

My Meyers E47 plow lift quite. Got it off of the truck sitting next to the wood burner warming up. I think it's just a broken wire. I've been having trouble with it keeping position right to left so I'm going to take care of that problem too.

Our week long forecast is getting back to -15 -20 at night starting tomorrow and the first few days of March.
I guess spring is not what it used to be LOL

Brutal winter this season but not massive amounts of snow here this winter.

it hit 50 sat and we tried to go out to dinner along with 400000 other people in our county, 2hr waits. wound up getting Chinese takeout

Great, Stupid Time is back.

My body is very sun-driven...I'm finally waking up fresh and rearing to go at 7am...and that'll get set back to 8am once the clocks move ahead in the greatest living proof that smoke and mirrors fool people.

Wow‼ Mid-40's... no kiddin'??
We haven't seen anything 40° or above since before Thanksgiving... believe we hit 39° just twice.
You're further north than I am, but 2 days last week, one was close to 40, and the other was like 43. Was great! Then it got cold again, and back in the house I went. Throw another log on the fire and sit at the puter clicking the mouse.

Back