Just another Stihl dealer rant.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throttle response was ok off idle, then stumbled mid range refusing to rev fully. With only one such incident in the heat, I was thinking carb. I couldn't rule out a coil issue I guess. I'll have to run it some more and see. How much are the coils? I have an HT101 I could swap out coils when it flares up again I suppose.

4 stroke motor? Check valve adjustment?

Less than 40 hrs on it. Only seemed to have an issue on a very hot humid day. Can't rule it out, but I'll have to check it out. I think I remember something about an initial 100 hour valve check and adjust. It hasn't happened yet.

If'n you don't have that fancy wancy stihl tool (#4180 007 1005), you'll have to trim a feeler gauge...I think it's 3/16 wide? Setting is .1 mm....Not for sure. I will say, my 101 was sounding like yours...I assumed coil or carb, replaced both. Coil was 12 bucks and carb for the 4-mix was 46 bucks, neither fixed it...it was the valve adjustment.

I got to know my local dealer pretty good. I just text him the part #s and he sends me a txt message back when it gets there....that way he can get my order when he has a chance and can deal with the counter knuckle heads asking for "you know that thing that goes under the muffler....the bearing ...you know that thing..." Kind of requests...

I'm a hour south of stl. What town are u buy? My buddy runs the stihl dealership buy me and it's still bad, they don't fix anything they just change parts till it works.

Latest posts

Back