Just another Stihl dealer rant.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are the same here. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine had an issue with his Husky 560 (for me, it was an air leak). He took the saw to the dealer (it's a Stihl dealer who sell also Huskys since 2012). He wait for 3 weeks, and they didn't fix the saw.

The dealer's mechanician is an old guy, and he refuse to teach how to work on AT and MTronic saws, and he refuse to use the diag tool. So he finally remove the muffler (after 3 weeks!) and saw some "scoring". He told my friend his saw was dead, no compression, and told him he should buy a new one.

My friend call me just after this, he brought the saw, and I put my gauge on it. 170 PSI. Not bad for a "dead" saw. The "scoring" was just carbon marks, that's all.

So he go back to the dealer's shop with his saw and my gauge, and show them how "bad" was his saw. He was really angry, and he told them "I already bought 8 saws here, but I sware this was the last one".

2 days ago, he bought a brand new 562 from another dealer.

Oh yeah, and I found the issue on the 560, 2 cylinder bolts on the same side were de-tightened.

Marble hill, theres a decent dealor in farmington, there friendly there but I've had to order everything I get from them they are husky and stihl. My buddy's has most parts but it seems that your bothering them if u need something so I don't bother. I've got a small saw shop but no dealor backing just a mechanic.

Rather than deal with a poor dealer, why not spend 10 minutes reading about how to adjust carbs and do it yourself? Get yourself an Amazon Prime subscription and get things in two days with free shipping or one day with a few more coins.

I rarely buy anything from the dealor and I buy a bunch of stuff in a months time. I guess they don't needy business.

Latest posts

Back