Just broke her in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabmaster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well i just got my new 395 broke in.Milled some 20" dead ash with her.:)

Nice, What did you think of the 395 in dead ash? I got a 395xp and 2 dead ash from the borer I know its hard wood and that could make a difference in speed I will have to wait till later this spring to find out for myself just wondering your 2 cents. Looks good

Nice, What did you think of the 395 in dead ash? I got a 395xp and 2 dead ash from the borer I know its hard wood and that could make a difference in speed I will have to wait till later this spring to find out for myself just wondering your 2 cents. Looks good

It is alot slower cutting,but my 395 has no trouble doing it.The biggest advantage is it is real dry after it is cut,less shrinkage and cracking.So what you get is what you got pretty much.I ran out of stickers this winter so i just stack it inside out of the weather without them.Seems to be working alright.You will have to sharpen the chain a little more often though,as this is very hard wood when it's been dead this long.

WOW! You musta been busy for at least a week making that stack.
:clap:

Yea i stay real busy in the winter.The cool weather is better on the saw,and the bugs are surely kinder:) I usually get 15 to twenty 16' boards a day.Any where from 10 to 24" wide with this dead ash as it is slower cutting then green wood.That's in 4 to 5 hours of cutting and 2 gal. of fuel through the saw.

Latest posts

Back