Just curious...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl025

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
In the MS290/310/390 service manual there are VERY specific instruction for carb tuning with a tach. Is that something that can apply to most Stihl models or is that only for that series? I thought it was really interesting that it has specific rpm setting while adjusting. What are your thoughts, Lake?

Pretty much all the Stihl saws have specific numbers in the service manuals, and more and more in the user manuals. Thanks to the EPA, the days of setting the L rich and turning up the LA to compensate are gone (sure..), as is "4-stroking" sound at the high end (sure..)

Don't get too worried about the exact number though...

Pretty much all the Stihl saws have specific numbers in the service manuals, and more and more in the user manuals. Thanks to the EPA, the days of setting the L rich and turning up the LA to compensate are gone (sure..), as is "4-stroking" sound at the high end (sure..)

Don't get too worried about the exact number though...

I just thought it was really neat how they specifically gave instructions on setting the rpm's. I looked at my owner manual and service manual for the MS260 and there isn't anything on how to set the carb with a tach.

Back