just some pics of the landing....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is near one of my favorite places, Challenger raceway.

We also race go karts at Blairsville Kart track.

Thanks, Rod

all of those logs are bucked and ready for the trucks to come and take them to the mill. It is an assortment of poplar, red oak, white oak, elm, ash, and a little cherry. I am not the best person with a camera and you can't tell but, there is around 10-12 thousand feet there.

That looks like a 540B, I have one and love it. Its crazy how little fuel it uses!;) We can log about 40mbf on one tank of fuel on decent ground and timber before refueling. Good pics, now post some more.:D

no pics this week, its been kinda bad out at our job. Mud to high heavens and we have a small lake to deal with at the bottom, that is stocked with fish. The skid road is now bellypan deep with mud, and it started to look like chocolate going into that lake so we stopped until better weather. We only got two days in last week.

Mike, I know that feeling... We're supposed to get more rain tonight:cry: I haven't worked in a week and half!

I know the feeling too! mud everywhere. I wonder if there are any loggers working? Even my mud lot is to wet.

well we did work today, to busy trying to catch up to take any pics though. I will try to remember to take the camera with me tomorrow. We are cutting some really tall timber now, nothing like out west but pretty substantial for the northeast. I did some tulip poplar that was around 24" dbh and was around 60' long. One tree in particular made 10 logs by itself. A fourteen foot, twelve foot, (then a "Y") twelve, twelve, twelve, ten,ten, ten, eight and eight footers. If it wasn't a forked tree as you can see it would be 108'.

Back