Just to prove we're nuts...fav split shape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just to prove we're nuts...fav split shape

• Pentagon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hexagon

• Dodecahedron

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like 'em square they stack so nice like that!

There is that, about as neat and tidy and easy as it gets. 4 sides throws some good heat, too. You get those down into the heartwood, or you can make it come out that way. The outside stuff tends to be more triangular for me, so I go ahead and make those smaller anyway. I like a variety of split sizes mixed together, with the small rounds.

I would think you could call that wide rectangle or slab, and I agree, I like that shape, stacks good, fits in the hand good, stove loads well.

I keep a lot of rounds in the stacks, but those aren't splits, that's why I didn't include them.

That's the vote I was thinking of casting for as well...

When I split big wood I ask the grand kids do they want sliced bread or cheese, They get thin slices or chunks depding on ther ansewer. Our stove will burn any thing we can put in so it does not matter.

Don't really matter to me, although the wider squarer ones do stack nice in the furnace. :D They ALL exit the basement as ash in a 5 gal. bucket in the end.

woodsept006_zpsad15d6ea.jpg

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back