Keep your family safe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any body know what they are talking about?
attachment.php

Well a bit of reality.. I would imagine this pic came from California where most counties and fire districts have in the last few years upped the defensible wildfire space from 30 feet to 100 feet, which means all non green brush should be cleared, all dry weeds/grass mowed, and trees limbed up to arms reach. Thus keeping all low lying fuel cleared and reducing wildfire risk. In the county in which I live when they upped the space, they hired a bunch of inspectors for that spring when they upped the space limits and they went around and issued warning citations (no fine) to everyone in the county who wasn't in compliance, it appears to have been a one time inspection, hasn't been repeated.

Silverbox: Thanks for the logical, concise, and interesting explanation of what seemed like a nonsensical advertisement. This type of response has no place on AS..... just kidding.
Thanks for clearing that up. JR

Well...
We finally got an answer that made sense.

That sucks

:confused:

I still say Daddy66 and Dingeryote's answer makes better sense,lol You guys win a years subscription to the Poulan Wildthing News Letter.:cheers:

I'd have sent rep But the poulan police would'nt let me,lol

I still say Daddy66 and Dingeryote's answer makes better sense,lol You guys win a years subscription to the Poulan Wildthing News Letter.:cheers:

Well, I thought I had it figured out, but it's pretty hard to argue with Dingers logic...............:spam:

:agree2: Edit: Rep for ya Daddy66. Tried to get ya Dingeryote but gotta spread it around first.

Last edited:
The Stevens would be OK of course, but NO ONE can mistake the sound of a shell being jacked into the chamber of a pump. JR

I don't know, there is always that business like "snap" of a double receiver locking in place. I reserve my pump for the deer. There is also the nasty, nasty sound of an AK locking in. Similar to the sound of dropping it on the floor haha.

I don't know, there is always that business like "snap" of a double receiver locking in place. I reserve my pump for the deer. There is also the nasty, nasty sound of an AK locking in. Similar to the sound of dropping it on the floor haha.

I tend to agree with you on both counts, however I think that there is a rather limited number of us who would recognize both of those sounds. None who have been exposed to it will forget the sound that an AK makes when the trigger is pulled though. JR

Latest posts

Back