Klotz racing oil for chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun M

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if you could use Klotz engine oil in a chainsaw. I use it it my sleds and have a bunch left over. i tried some in one of our weed wackers and it seems to scream.

Klotz Products

Yeah , i run vintage sleds '69 ski doo 12/3 and '73 arctic cat panther 440.

It's one of the best 2-stroke lubricants on the market, made of synthetic esters. The only reason I'm not still using is because it didn't burn quite as clean as I wanted. On the other hand, I was running it a 32:1 too. I'm now using Maxima K2. If you've got some one hand, by all means, use it!

It seems to work good and smells the best of any oil I've used so far.

It's one of the best 2-stroke lubricants on the market, made of synthetic esters. The only reason I'm not still using is because it didn't burn quite as clean as I wanted. On the other hand, I was running it a 32:1 too. I'm now using Maxima K2. If you've got some one hand, by all means, use it!

I'm running Maxima 927 which is a castor based oil. What's the difference between it and the K2? The castor smells nice and has been working well for me.

I'm running the Super Techniplate in my saws right now. I'm usually running 32:1. Never have to wear any deodorant, cologne, or after shave when you run it. Getting kinda expensive any more, I used to get it for about $4.00 a qt. when I ran my RM250 on it. I think the last I bought was around $12..

I run the R-50 at 36:1 and I love it!!!
I haven't had any issues with it not burning clean like Brad has but then I run it in ethanol gas and my saws are pretty "low performance".

Mike

klotz has been a favorite of 2 stroke motorcycle racers for years so I would run it , i have been running royal purple:rock: for a while now and really like it !!!!!

A reliable source informed me Klotz Original Techniplate is the oil used in 50 fuel, or whatever they're calling theses days.

I ran R50 for two years without any real issues, it's great stuff. Right now I'm trying out K2 and so far so good.

K2 and R50 are both full Ester syn oils. 927 is a castor syn blend, similar to Klotz Super Techniplate.

Any of the oils listed will work very well in a chainsaw

Latest posts

Back