Ky Storm Damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I briefly lived in West Paducah. The rivers churn those storms up super strong.

What got hit the worst? I remember driving up after the ice storm ~15 years ago. Crazy the amount of wood suspended and on the ground.

Talked with my BIL at 330am at his hunting cabin in Horse Cave. He said he had his head down. Texted me a bit ago saying he was OK. Y'all be safe checking storm damage. Stay way the F away from those downed lines. Pray for families of the lost and 1st Responders.
Yeah, I think that this one may rival the night in 1974, if not worse.

Large Amazon warehouse sidewall caved in during tornado last night. 300 ft collapsed. Same string of storms as yours. Just NE of ST Louis. A few people were killed.
That tornado went just North of us and hit the Amazon warehouse in Edwardsville , IL. No damage yet that I've seen here, but those high winds were concerning. A neighbor was having an addition put on his shed and I see the new steel roofing panels have blown off.

Yeah, I think that this one may rival the night in 1974, if not worse.
Back in '74, same BIL was driving home I-65 from Ford LAP past the fair grounds when it hit. He said it looked like God's hand reached down and just started flattening the horse barns one after another like dominos

I used to work for Marlin when they were on Kenna Dr. in North Haven CT. I have a big loop 45-70 brush gun and a REALLY OLD bolt action .22 Marlin Glenfield that's a tack driver still.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

A candle factory was leveled south of Lietchfield, KY. 50-100 casualties. This same system's tornado was on the ground through 4 states. It came through central KY about 4 AM with not much real damage locally.

Apparently there was am even worse outbreak in 2011 based on number killed and number of storms. I had forgotten about that one. I do not remember anything this destructive happening this late in the year. Seems like a complete freak to me for December.

Latest posts

Back