Labonville Inserts With Candy Store Jeans--What They Are

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been curious for a while. I went to the Chehalis Candy Store For Men, and found myself examining their jeans that are made to accept Labonville inserts (kind of chaps). Then I found myself asking to try on the combination. I got the go ahead and they felt much more comfy that chaps over rigging pants.

The inserts snap onto specially adapted rigging pants. Adaption looks like it would be feasible to do on one's own. Two snaps on each side, and a cotton sheath sewed lower down to hold the pads in place.
Since our weather is simply horrible, even for here, I decided to take some show-me pictures.

Here is the outside view of the snaps.
231492d1333127146-madson-jeans0001-jpg

Here is the sheath.
231493d1333127149-madson-jeans0001_1-jpg

Here is one of the snaps showed on the inside. I couldn't seem to get both to show up.
231494d1333127151-madson-jeans0001_2-jpg

My only concern is the roughness of the pad material. I may get some fuzzy bunny type cotton flannel and add that to the combination if the pads are too irritating.

Last edited:
Those are the Madsen's pants, yes? With the Madsen's butt pocket patch? Lol

Looks like Labonville changed the color of their inserts. The ones I have are gray.

They didn't push the snap through the actual pocket liners did they?

Grandma put in snaps for a pair of pants for my inserts once, snapped the pockets shut basically :hmm3grin2orange:

Nope. The pockets are fine. I hope they last. I also purchased some fabric cement, and will try to repair the pockets on my Big Bill pants. Those pockets wore out very fast. They also wore out where I'd have to rip out a lot of stitching to fix them conventionally.

Latest posts

Back