land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a way to do it on here without photobucket. Do a search on here and Im sure it will be less frustrating.

looks like your are back with us again logger and the pics are working,good ole photobucket eh :D
keep an eye on usage now if you want to make the next month :msp_smile:

UPDATES PEASE :laugh:

ok some updates,and we are rolling from a new photobucket account so i shouldn't have the same problems in future :msp_wink:

the view from my house few days ago...

MAYeve001.jpg

MAYeve002.jpg

the land nice and wet

MAYeve003.jpg

MAYeve004.jpg

MAYeve005.jpg

getting a load ready for a customer today

MAYeve006.jpg

and another delivery for a local customer,this customer is on his 5th tralier already in just two weeks,and this is
only one customer,the ASH is very sought after indeed :biggrin:

ash
firharvest001.jpg

ash
firharvest002.jpg

some people will say it's possible to split wood faster with an axe than a log splitter,i agree with this statment,and it's cheaper
to run,and no problem with two involved in the work.

firharvest004.jpg

here locally is also a thriving buisness for local forest companies and now is harvest time,one as such here is coilte who own
80% of FIR/pine forest here in ireland,typical example of some harvest sites.

firharvest005.jpg

firharvest006.jpg

firharvest007.jpg

another thriving boom here is windfarms,it's very popular with some elictrical companies here now such as electric ireland
there is a lot of windmills locally here.

firharvest008.jpg

firharvest009.jpg

another road back behind the hill at other side of mountain

firharvest010.jpg

Beautiful country

Looks like a lot of wood in those hedge rows?

yeah ireland is lovely this time of year it's so green,there is a lot of wood here now in this forest,they seem to be doing a lot of harvesting around here now.for the last 3 years almost every forest i see is been harvested,the coilte forest operation here in ireland is very economical and regenerative,almost as soon as they cut 1000acers another 1000 has regrown in other locations.
it's sitka spruce grown here mostly and norway spruce,i love this wood and cut and sell a lot of it,i love the smell,it's scented like a perfume and it burns well when seasoned!! easy on chainsaws and very plentyfull in supply.

unfortunatly demand for FIR/spruce is NOT so high here,but sells never the less,i have two large douglas FIR to take down soon also,should keep me in supply for a while :)

i don't know if it's a popular wood in the states or not??

In most areas of the USA people perfer to burn hard woods like Oak, Hickory, Maple, Ash, Cherry, Locust, and Walnut. But in certain regions people cannot be so choosy and use what ever will burn. I never liked Cottonwood and Willow. The Pine types make a lot of tar in the chimney.

yeah ireland is lovely this time of year it's so green,there is a lot of wood here now in this forest,they seem to be doing a lot of harvesting around here now.for the last 3 years almost every forest i see is been harvested,the coilte forest operation here in ireland is very economical and regenerative,almost as soon as they cut 1000acers another 1000 has regrown in other locations.
it's sitka spruce grown here mostly and norway spruce,i love this wood and cut and sell a lot of it,i love the smell,it's scented like a perfume and it burns well when seasoned!! easy on chainsaws and very plentyfull in supply.

unfortunatly demand for FIR/spruce is NOT so high here,but sells never the less,i have two large douglas FIR to take down soon also,should keep me in supply for a while :)

i don't know if it's a popular wood in the states or not??

They do not build with wood in Ireland like they do here in the States. Douglas Fir is one of the best, if not THE bestwood, to build with. Since everything in Ireland is steel or mortar, Fir has little value for building. Also, there seem to be a lot less DIY builds of decks, patios, awmings, fences, etc etc. And what builds I have seen, I could not identify the wood used.

Most of the folks that burn wood I know in Ireland prefer Ash or other hard woods. Many simply buy coal.

yes wyk,i think a lot of irelands FIR is exported,some of it is used i think in roofing for houses etc too....

BAD wet day here,doubt the chainsaw will see any wood today

we are in the south of ireland dan i think i mentioned this before back somewhere in the thread,in county -west limerick :)

we are in the south of ireland dan i think i mentioned this before back somewhere in the thread,in county -west limerick :)

God bless Munster. I've a good friend in Tipperary. Next time over there I'll be staying at her farm. Prolly be there end of Summer. Let me know if you find a cheap caravan for sale, mate?

D'ya like dags?

God bless Munster. I've a good friend in Tipperary. Next time over there I'll be staying at her farm. Prolly be there end of Summer. Let me know if you find a cheap caravan for sale, mate?

D'ya like dags?

hello wyk,

yes of course i will,you should keep an eye on the "done deal" website you see some good offers now and then coming up
....ok mate ;)

dags?? i'm lost now lol dogs?

I'm just learning a bit of Irish geography , one of my great grandfathers came from Donegal .

wow been a while since i was on here,anyway dancan, yes donegal is a lovely place,some immence scenery to be seen and
fantastic countyside to experience.

anyway,i havn't been to the woods in over a month,but will be getting back in to it now again,we have a bird here under the conservation act called the hen harrier so we had to leave things be for a while,but now we have marked out some more trees that we can cut,was a lot of work,as i say nature comes first and i will NOT cut down any tree with birds nests etc. so for now it's going to be all hand picked trees from here on under close inspection only.

from october on we can pretty much cut what we like as all the birds will have hatched in the nests and will be gone away until next year.

so will update soon when i get back in to it.

dan:msp_thumbup:

The native squirrel is the Red squirrel

The North American Gray Squirrel was introduced there over 100 years ago.

In some parts the red squirrel is common

In other areas there is only the Gray Squirrel

Needless to say, broad leaf forests are the preferred habitat.

The native squirrel is the Red squirrel

The North American Gray Squirrel was introduced there over 100 years ago.

In some parts the red squirrel is common

In other areas there is only the Gray Squirrel

Needless to say, broad leaf forests are the preferred habitat.

I know my question sounded very ignorant but having never been there I was curious. Florida is LOADED with squirrels and it seems like there is a nest in half the trees here.

Latest posts

Back