Last couple of loads from my thinning project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikocker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had a chance to get out in the woods again for a good purpose rather than waiting for non-existant deer!!
I've been working on thinning out about 15 acres of hardwood on my property this year. Taking out about 40 - 50 trees so far on about 5 of the 15 acres. most of them are smallish about 6 - 12 " diameter, mostly maple with some smaller ash.
Well Saturday it was a comfortable 18 degrees outside and I was able to just about finish bucking the last of those first trees before we get some real snow. Gave the 346NE and the 435 a good workout. Took out two trailer loads.
If the snow doesn't get too deep this year I may just continue felling more of the 150 or so trees I have marked.
Thought I'd share a few photos with you.

Al :cheers:

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117282
&stc=1&d=1260144040

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice looking woods. Sounds like you have enough cull trees to keep you busy for a little while:clap: Gotta love spending time in the bush, and hard work, very good for the soul.

Nice set-up , it looks like that trailer is set up to dump? You are going to need the 4 wheel drive on that tractor after this week. Depending on were in Wi you are located after this week we should have 8" - 13" of snow on the ground. Might have to put chains on to get out in the woodlot.

Were in WI are you located I am over buy the foxvalley area.

Beefie

Yeah I had that trailer made for the Kubota. I drew the plans and D&S trailer in Plover fabbed it up - and it is set up to dump.

Not looking forward to the snow they're predicting for this week.

We live over by Stevens Point - however our land is up north.

Al :cheers:

Nice tractor, nice wagon!

Don't worry about snow too much... I have first hand experience with an L2250; I've had snow past the front axle several times, and it still goes just fine, even uphill! Looks pretty flat out there. Just get some tall boots :D

great pics, i love working on nice cold mornings, cant wait to get back out and about in the woods again soon, need a nice decent project to get stuck into. shame all we get over here is rain!

Looks pretty flat out there. Just get some tall boots

Hmmmm, never thought about it...

I wonder if the chainsaw chaps will act like gators to keep the snow out of my boots? Although hopefully I won't need to find out this year and can just play indoors if we get deep snow!

I have thick calves, they don't make hiking gators big enough for me.

Back