last day at work for the year so i took the camera

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi scott
when locating the butt to start measuring,you dont have to cut any thing(unless there is something wrong with it)just push the start measuring button in the cab.the measuring is very accurate(within 1 cm).our newer pine processer can locate the butt its self,works well in timber that is nearly all the same size(25in).and buzz,we cut any thing from 2.5 metre sawlog to a 25 metre power pole.there are all sorts of lenths for all the different products.

Tiny, thanks for explaining things for me. A lot of people wouldn't have put the effort into it that you did and would have walked away after the first or second post. Thanks again. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Gypo Logger said:
I see those cute little Tasmanian Devils on National Geo and I wish they would stop all development there. Can't they make it a park or something.
it's such a beautiful place, I feel it's a crime to be mining the forest like that.
You should be ashamed!! :blob2:
John

i kinda agree... i understand those pics you took were near landings, but there looks like an awful lot of left over slash. I hate left over slash like that because its ugly and makes a perfect home for wood rats. I appriciate its on the forest floor (or hopefully very near) and will start to decompose when it rains (assuming it will rain soon), but still it looks ugly and is a big fire hazard. Those logs look relatively small in diameter... what kind of operation are you guys running? anyways i am no tasmanian forester, but i hope someone is going to do some sort of clean up operation there...

ok yes my pics are near the landing i will take another one when where finished,the reason there is so much slash is because we use it on the landings to stop the mud,then the other slash left over is taken back to the bush and put on the drag tracks to stop the mud and soil erosion(spelling).as for it being a mess,our waste left over after logging a coupe is allowed to be no more than 0.1ton per hectare of usable wood(minimum diam 3in and 1.5 metres long)there is a man fern crew working there as well.so i think it gets cleaned up pretty well:bang:

Last edited:
tiny748 said:
ok yes my pics are near the landing i will take another one when where finished,the reason there is so much slash is because we use it on the landings to stop the mud,then the other slash left over is taken back to the bush and put on the drag tracks to stop the mud and soil erosion(spelling).as for it being a mess,our waste left over after logging a coupe is allowed to be no more than 0.1ton per hectare of usable wood(minimum diam 3in and 1.5 metres long)there is a man fern crew working there as well.so i think it gets cleaned up pretty well:bang:

well i am no tasmanian forester and i have no clue what your contract calls for, but as long as you adhere to the local regulations, no one can give you ????! We had this hippy jogger who would jog from his house to our site every day and spit on the keypad of our electric gate. Anyways, we caught him and took him to small claims court. turns out he was spitting because he was against the logging which was going on on our property. turns out he lived in a wood house himself :) anyways, take care and more pics would be great!

Latest posts

Back