last made in America saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a hit on Stihl at all

Not a hit on Stihl at all--that would not be smart whatsoever.
Simply asking about the last American made saw that you feel was good-Guess it would be a old mac or Homy? saws now are great just asking a vintage question....sooo

Lets not forget the old 10-10/700 McCulloch saws all metal no anti-vibe system and where still being sold up until their demise!!!!:greenchainsaw:

Blue Homelite SuperXL

Blue Homelite SuperXLA Tons of power and will idle all day!

I think the appropriate question would have been ' American Born Saw'.

Of which I really like my Super XL, never been rebuilt still starts on the second pull and has cut more cords of wood than I'll ever see in my life time! :biggrinbounce2:

If I need a torque monster, and all the moons are correctly aligned, the Mac 440 is just plain evil when it comes time to buck the big stuff. :cheers:

Well, honestly we have done any logging much in the last couple of weeks. (I just started another job that take's up a lot of time). BUT we still cut a little on the weekends :clap:

The C9 with gear drive is probably the most used saw I've got. Especially now that I've put the big ol' 44 inch bar on it ;) Then after that the C91 with 36 inch bar in direct drive setup and the C7 with 30 inch bar in direct drive setup :D THEN for firewood, I use my toy :laugh: My modified C5 that I love so much... Now that saw will outcut both my C9 and C91.

I do have a Super 1050 piston and cylinder on the way now to try out in my C9. We'll have to see how that works out :)

It's always amazed me in how these old saws "40 + years old" can still be going just as strong as ever, but a newer technilogically advanced saw will only last what, 2000 hrs, if your lucky :dizzy:

My own personal goal is to have all of the C-Series saws and now that I have verified that Homelite actually labeled a set known few of them with the "G" decaling, I have 9 more to go plus the one C9 to replace my soon to be modded C9 :D 6 of which are the extremely rare "G" labeled saws, so I may or may not have all of them. Who really knows...

Greg

GPH85 said:
I do have a Super 1050 piston and cylinder on the way now to try out in my C9. We'll have to see how that works out :)

Greg

Hey Greg, your stuff went out today, you should have it by friday/sat.

BTW, you over paid on the shipping dude! My wife packed and shipped before I even revewed my Paypal.(I was away this weekend)(I normally just put the extra in the box)

PM me your Paypal and Ill get the shipping back to you.

And as far as this thread goes, everybody knows it was a Homelite!:biggrinbounce2:

Take your pick between the SEZ auto, through to the SXL-925 and beyond.

RaisedByWolves said:
BTW, you over paid on the shipping dude! My wife packed and shipped before I even revewed my Paypal.(I was away this weekend)(I normally just put the extra in the box)

AHHH, you don't have to worry about it. You can keep the extra. I just paid whatever ebay told me to pay :dizzy:

I thought perhaps it was you who was selling them, since you had mentioned having quite a few of them and possibly would be selling them later on, on a previous post you had made.

There are also two other 1050 pistons on ebay right now for $25 apiece "I think", if your looking to sell more complete sets...

Looking forward to recieving them to see how they're going to work out on my C9 :D

Can't remember off the top of my head, so would you happen to know the formula for figuring cc's? I'm only going to be losing .0625" stroke wise (1.5625" - C9 crank stroke), but will gain .1250" bore wise (2.1875" - 1050 bore), so I'm figuring in the high 90 cc range, since the C9 is 85.5 cc's and the 1050 is 100 cc's... Should be interresting :)

Thanks Again,
Greg

Latest posts

Back