Let ALICE carry it!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would need a place on that for a rifle and ammo. for the coyotes out here. Nice pack.

I did too...LOL!!!

I thought Alice was going to be your wife. LOL That looks like it should work just fine.

Great job on that rig,and man,,that is one cool setup and idea!!!! That would be handy in thick stuff where you dont have a wide trail for a atv...Trow the saw and things on back and just have free hands to carry gas and oil...Really amazing what people come up with on here....

:clap:

Thanks . . .

Great job on that rig,and man,,that is one cool setup and idea!!!! That would be handy in thick stuff where you dont have a wide trail for a atv...Trow the saw and things on back and just have free hands to carry gas and oil...Really amazing what people come up with on here....

:clap:

Gas (red) and oil (black) are already there. Two 27 oz. stainless bottles - fills the saw twice, and the oil 3 times.

Al :cheers:

I would need a place on that for a rifle and ammo. for the coyotes out here. Nice pack.

Yep, when you pack a 660 killer you need a coyote killer as well.
attachment.php

TREK5900 - Me also.

Viet Nam 71-72 - - - 195th Maintenance BN - Long Binh
M.O.S. 31E Radio Repairman.

Last edited:
It arrived already! I can see right off that I'm going to replace the hip belt buckle. That thing isn't made to release easily, is it. Or you better have stronger hands than I do. I'm afraid it would get stuck. I'll add some tie up things to it, and it might work. The only worry is that the shelf is too narrow for The Barbie Saw. Maybe not if I use enough bungees and duck tape.

It started snowing seriously here so our trail work will have to wait. The trail was almost melted out.:cry:

Thanks for the find.:cheers:

It arrived already! I can see right off that I'm going to replace the hip belt buckle. That thing isn't made to release easily, is it. Or you better have stronger hands than I do. I'm afraid it would get stuck. I'll add some tie up things to it, and it might work. The only worry is that the shelf is too narrow for The Barbie Saw. Maybe not if I use enough bungees and duck tape.

It started snowing seriously here so our trail work will have to wait. The trail was almost melted out.:cry:

My alice pack showed up last Friday, no shelf on it though.
alicepack.jpg

Last edited:
The shelf is an option.

The shelf is optional - usually about $3-4 from most surplus stores. With the saw positioned as I show in the photos,(bottom of saw flat to the board), the handle of the saw will rest on the shelf. Thereby the weight of the saw is carried on the shelf not the board.

You're welcome!

Hope it works for you.

Al :cheers:l

Nice, where did you buy the pack frame?

Unless you're walking through thick brush I find that an ice fishing sled works pretty well.

Thanks!

I was a fun project.
now to really save weight I'm looking at the new Husky 435 with a 16" bar. Power head according to specs weighs only 9.3 lbs. should be about a pound lighter than the 141 I have on it now.

Al :clap::clap:

whats better than the alice pack?

The only thing that I can think of better than this pack would be a strapping cousin that can carry all this and help cut wood also. The only thing would be ,the cost paid in fire wood ,not dollars. The Pack is really clean and well organized, will have to see it used sometime.

P.S.
Thanks for the welcome!

Joe

Come on Over!

The only thing that I can think of better than this pack would be a strapping cousin that can carry all this and help cut wood also. The only thing would be ,the cost paid in fire wood ,not dollars. The Pack is really clean and well organized, will have to see it used sometime.

P.S.
Thanks for the welcome!

Joe

Fifield isn't that far away - - - I could give you a "hands on" in the correct use of the pack! Besides, I could use some help with the trails!!

Al :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back