lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my "new" Dodge. It's a 99 1500 with a 360. It pulls my 8' dump trailer OK, it needs a brake controller bad. Going down hill with a cord of wood in the trailer pushes it bad.

This is an 8' dump with electric brakes. I built the gantry across the back to load logs, it worked well until I tried to drag an Oak log at an angle and it snapped one of the 4X4's in half. One of these days I'm going to build one out of steel box tubing. I hung a snatch block on the cross beam and took the truck and pulled the log up on the trailer. I got to where I could back up to a log on the ground, cut in 8' lengths, and load an 8 footer in less than 5 minutes. I had a cheap 3,000 pound winch and it worked, but way too slow. In the next pic I was loading a Dawn Redwood log by my self. You can see my bull line going up the tree, over a branch, and the truck in the back ground pulling the log up. Backed up and the log was half on, re rigged the line and pulled all the way up. I could have just pulled it up the ramp but the guy that gave me the log didn't want a blade of grass torn up.

The little trailer, Joe.

Here is my new wood hauler - 1991 w250 4x4 with 360 v8 and granny 4 speed. I need to look into getting some air bags or some over load springs to help keep the truck a little more level and more stable on the road when loaded.

I love that body style Dodge. My buddy's shop has a 74 they do the maintenance on that looks like new. It's a 12 foot stake body with a 440 and 4 speed manual with granny gear. The owner will not sell, can't blame them, Joe.

Here is the truck I used to have

New wood hauler, just finished building the sides , now to go fill it!

a15f840127c9cb893134533ec2a70a29.jpg
b9939a9d630d488cfb23cdbe83ca75ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of cobbled this small sledge together to move these rounds that were too big to lift. I just muscled them onto the plywood drag with a Cant hook.
I cut this big dead Pin Oak down on my lawn when the snow was deep enough to protect the turf, and was finally clearing these last of the big rounds when the snow was melted down and packed for good traction with the ATV:

Latest posts

Back