Let's Go Guys, Stihl 090, Should I Go Get It?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He knew the answer before he even posted his question. lol

Hurry up, is that 2 hours granny speed or 2 hours hammer down speed?

This is the ad and it's for $650. OBO

Should I go after it?

090 stihl chainsaw in excellent shape runs strong.Has a 32" bar and chain. Very powerful peice of equiptment.

img_3587662_2010_02_01_13_37_16.jpg

Uhhhhh...... Angelina Jolie and Selma Hayek are standing in my room naked and have decided that rather than fight over me that they will share me. Uh should I go for it?

Just tuning in here and can't wait to learn the outcome.

Mr. HE:cool:

You guys are starting to creep me out.:jawdrop:

(Just a little and I'm not certain I don't like it.) lol

Mr. HE:cool:

OK, here we go. I had the hammer down because I know how these things go. He was right there waiting in the barn with the saw ready for me to examine, the only things I could see right off were the started handle was taped, the rubber on the top handle is cracked in half and the recoil has a couple fins missing on the top......not a big deal at all. The saw fires right up with authority and runs like a champ with a little blue smoke that made me have confidence that the fuel has adequate oil in it. When it settled back down to idle the chain kept on trucking. As the idle settled down a bit the chain slowed down, but not to a stand still. Not being a Stihl guy I didn't know what to make of that. Looked good all over so I offered $550. and he said he'd meet me half way at $600. He paid $800. 6 months ago.That and a $20. for gas and I arrived home with this;

090101.jpg

090102.jpg

090103.jpg

090104.jpg

Last edited:
It came with the 32" bar/chain, but I have a new one ready to bolt on. I plan to replace the rubber handle on the recoil as well as the rubber on the top handle if you can replace that by itself without changing out the whole handle?

Last edited:
:yourock: Nice. A monster ,but in a good way. Congratulations.....

Back