lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never owned a Triumph rode a few . Had a BSA and a Norton back when they weren’t cool mid 70s early 80s . Glad I was a runner then had to walk a few times :laugh:

Well I did own a triumph but it was TR6 car . Really tried to erase those memories
If you own an old classic Triumph ( car or MC ), you better enjoy wrenching as much as riding, that's a fact! 👍 I do in fact enjoy the challenges of both. Mines all original, even the paint! I get a lot of looks and comments when I take it to town!

Bridgstone?

I owned one for a brief period of time when I was young.

One just like this. 1970 vintage.

1693871867987.png

Bridgstone?
Yep was wondering if anyone here ever heard about those! It might have been only a 60cc bike but it would do 60mph, try equaling that on any other bike! One mph per cc!
60 Sport.JPG

Looks like mine. Only thing I see missing is the rear luggage rack that I used to carry my books to school on! Look close and you can see the mounting holes on rear fender.

I raced one of these for a couple of years. 1972 Suzuki TM-400R Cyclone. What it lacked in handling, it made up for in horse power.........in spades. :dizzy:

It was unGawdly fast! And of course, I felt that it wasn't fast enough. Therefore, I modified the engine considerably. :dumb2:

1971 Suzuki_TM400_orange_450.jpg

KZ1300 their answer to the CBX1000. My bike has that many head pipes too

I had a 1982 Honda CBX. Bought it used with only 1800 actual miles on it from the original owner.

1982_Honda_CBX_Supersport_White_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

I had a friend with a Kawasaki KZ1300, and I rode it a couple of times. Way heavy and felt slow & sluggish.

It also had some inherent issues from the factory. Not exactly sure as to what, but I kept hearing about them. One was drive shaft issues I believe, and another was cooling issues.

The CBX wasn't particularly fast, but it was smooth and agile for it's size. And, it didn't feel heavy if you were at least 6' tall or more.

I've had countless road bikes, and of all of them the CBX always received the most attention, even from those not into bikes.

I have ridden a 500-pound Vincent through traffic on the Ventura Freeway with burning oil on my legs and run the Kawa 750 Triple through Beverly Hills at night with a head full of acid.

I have ridden with Sonny Barger and smoked weed in biker bars with Jack Nicholson, Grace Slick, Ron Zigler, and my infamous old friend Ken Kesey, a legendary Cafe Racer.

Some people will tell you that slow is good-and it may be, on some days-but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble its caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.

Hunter S. Thompson
Song of the Sausage Creature
Cycle World; March, 1995

391688024_331150476167852_6242351998505873949_n.jpg

Well wife and I possibly took our last ride today for the season, her on the CanAm Spyder and me on the Sportster/sidecar outfit. Today high was around 75ºf and a couple days from now highs will be in the 40's or below:(

Back