lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
828472-c2999e2a2d6b20ca0377a8f1c02d9d10.png

Hanging up my helmet. Been riding since 1973 and still have lots of confidence in my riding ability, but the cagers are scaring me more and more. Cell phones causing more accidents nowadays than drunk drivers ... but at least most drunk driving occurs at night when I'm usually not riding. Just sold my all-time favorite bike after riding it 70K miles over the last 16 years. Sadly, I've been on it less than 100 miles during 2023 ... figured I better let it go before it goes to waste. It sold in just 3 weeks and the new owner sent an email saying he loves it. Do I miss it? Not really ... so I guess the timing was right to let someone else enjoy it.
ST1300A 1.jpg

Hanging up my helmet. Been riding since 1973 and still have lots of confidence in my riding ability, but the cagers are scaring me more and more. Cell phones causing more accidents nowadays than drunk drivers ... but at least most drunk driving occurs at night when I'm usually not riding. Just sold my all-time favorite bike after riding it 70K miles over the last 16 years. Sadly, I've been on it less than 100 miles during 2023 ... figured I better let it go before it goes to waste. It sold in just 3 weeks and the new owner sent an email saying he loves it. Do I miss it? Not really ... so I guess the timing was right to let someone else enjoy it.
View attachment 1152879
shame but very very wise too, down here bike vs car deaths are growing fast even more than shark attacks.. I still ride but only early morning local rural roads after the tourist arrive its dangerous. Combined with my aged rider skills & poor reaction times im prolly a few years behind your decision..

thumbnail_IMG_3007.jpg

i leave my keys n helmet in bike all the time i just reckon if stolen they'd be doing me a favor..

I notice some of you guys are active over in p/r

putin bike.jpg

Motorcycle made by Kalashnikov. They seem to make batches of 40 or so motorcycles every now and then. This one is the monster It is for Putin's motorcade. Some of their other creations are electric this one may be as well. One article just said designed by Kalashnikov for the one pictured here.

View attachment 1152879

I've been riding since age 7 or 8. Started off-road of course and then began racing Moto-X in my early teens, up to and until I enlisted in the military.

Got my drivers license @ age 15 1/2 and my M/C endorsement at age 16. I've had a boatload of bikes, too many to recall accurately.

I'm 69 and still riding the roads. And yes, it's getting crazy with all the inattentive drivers doing most everything except watching the road. When I ride, it's a whole different level of awareness that I go to. I can easily maintain that elevated level thru-out my ride.

I'm hoping to see maybe 8 more yrs. or so before I give it up. My reflexes are still very good and I anticipate what others might do all the time. I'm a damn good driver and even a better rider.

When I ride, it's a whole different level of awareness that I go to. I can easily maintain that elevated level thru-out my ride.
100% situational awareness is a key element of good a motorcyclist. I also believe those of us who got our start in the dirt have developed riding abilities beyond those who have been on pavement only.

100% situational awareness is a key element of good a motorcyclist. I also believe those of us who got our start in the dirt have developed riding abilities beyond those who have been on pavement only.
I ride almost exclusively off road lately and have noticed when I ride on pavement at higher speeds to steer it is lean in and counter steer something I never notice off road.

I ride almost exclusively off road lately and have noticed when I ride on pavement at higher speeds to steer it is lean in and counter steer something I never notice off road.

Not much of a need to lean in or counter-steer when riding off road.

Any time you have two wheels spinning in the same plane whether it's a bicycle or a goldwing, at a certain speed (quite low) countersteering is what initiates the turn. Some folks just don't feel it I guess. You wanna feel it? Ride cross-handed. It's quite difficult, actually. Once you learn how to do that, countersteering will be ingrained in your brain.

This will likely go the way of the "dry steam" situation...

Oh well.

Latest posts

Back