lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little 600 will go 170?
Man, how can you quit riding?

Probably not;) I had a CBR 600RR that would run the speedo up past 170mph but the magazines only said it did 157 or so, either the speedo was off at those speeds or the magazine test dummies never bounced the bike off its rev limiter in 6th gear:rock:

gonna have to post my old scooter and my saw.

these have been some pretty impressive pictures.

Probably not;) I had a CBR 600RR that would run the speedo up past 170mph but the magazines only said it did 157 or so, either the speedo was off at those speeds or the magazine test dummies never bounced the bike off its rev limiter in 6th gear:rock:

My scoot, 1050, 131 hp, is listed at 155 mph and quarter of 10.9. Be surprised if that bike stock would do 170. I used to get that magazine monthly that just listed specs, no ads, no picts.

attachment.php

That little 600 will go 170?

Man, how can you quit riding?

Yeah, it had all the bolt ons and we used a thiner head gasket for more comp. I added the quick shifter to the dynojet module and that was the cat's meow! I could do a full throttle upshift and not even touch the clutch. The 1000s had a time with me in the corners but killed me on the straights. I had a universal turbo kit custom built for it but after the crash, sold it too.:laugh:

Riding on the street was dangerous as we treated it like a closed course and other people(in cars) just don't pay bikes much attention anyway.

Yeah, it had all the bolt ons and we used a thiner head gasket for more comp. I added the quick shifter to the dynojet module and that was the cat's meow! I could do a full throttle upshift and not even touch the clutch. The 1000s had a time with me in the corners but killed me on the straights. I had a universal turbo kit custom built for it but after the crash, sold it too.:laugh:

Riding on the street was dangerous as we treated it like a closed course and other people(in cars) just don't pay bikes much attention anyway.

You're def. going a little too far and in need of a break for some common sense if you thinkin bout puttin a turbo on that ride lol.

You're def. going a little too far and in need of a break for some common sense if you thinkin bout puttin a turbo on that ride lol.

I rode a turbo ZX10, wicked stuff on 2 wheels. I liked to ride corners at the time and was going to get another bike for that and keep the 636 as a drag/fun bike.

I rode a turbo ZX10, wicked stuff on 2 wheels. I liked to ride corners at the time and was going to get another bike for that and keep the 636 as a drag/fun bike.

I have been a motorcycle guy without a bike at times too. I would dream about them when I did not have one. The last 20 years I have not been without. Last year I crashed into a deer at 60mph. I wasn't doing anything wrong but often I will go way too fast. I did however decide to quit riding at night. Next time I hit a deer I might not be so lucky, they are mass infestation around here. You will get back into it again when you are ready.

I have been a motorcycle guy without a bike at times too. I would dream about them when I did not have one. The last 20 years I have not been without. Last year I crashed into a deer at 60mph. I wasn't doing anything wrong but often I will go way too fast. I did however decide to quit riding at night. Next time I hit a deer I might not be so lucky, they are mass infestation around here. You will get back into it again when you are ready.

I got you beat on that, I hit one at 65 mph. 5 of them came out of nowhere. The guy w/ me got on the brakes hard, but he managed to hit one also but at 55 mph. Neither of us got hurt very bad, just bruised and scratched up.
This was during the day too. I don't ride at night, just more deer out during that time.

Still ride this one...

picture.php

My road bikes are a SV650 Suzuki and an old CB900 Honda from the early 1980's. Other Dirt bikes include: Suzuki RM250, 1982 Husqvarna XC430, and my favorite, a 1979 KTM 420 MC80

Heres my kid niece sitting on my 89 GSXR 750 Slingshot...
00210723fdf4f985b6c4f6806dec30b77a9bc72eaaddf8b4da6b6751047f337f2cca3d6d.jpg

Heres my KX500 that I have converted to supermoto use with my 750 slingy...
56246076d8828c61db787327b478707fd322bb0efbe4556a823680c8.jpg

And another pic of the KX500 with its Clarke four gallon tank.
33846963b600af722d126c6167a1f96c298626b38e9a30f1f1d38647.jpg

I have another KX500 motocrosser as well but thats awaiting more effort and enthusiasm from me to do it up.

That was the #1 reason I tried not to get stuck riding at night. I know deer run out during the day but it's hard to see them b**tards at dark. Now I let a .270wsm and 6.8spc take care of 'em.:D

Back