Let's See Those Tractors!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here are a few of em oldest and newest but there are a lot in between these

What tractor is that, I'm not good with the old ones.
attachment.php

if ya want a bit of info on the tractor mower combo here ya go
its a ford new holland tractor got it new last year its a T5070 standard rated at 187hp but that one we had it chipped to 240 hp ( they can be chipped to 300 hp)
its is a pleasure to drive that thing got a heap of extras fitted including front 3 point linkage for the out front mower conditioner.and some extra computer gear in the cab, bigger than standard wheels and a passenger seat .
the mower setup is pottinger nova cat disc mower conditioners .
10foot 6 inch per deck we pull 4 decks 1 out front 3 out the back , the back ones can be swung either side of the tractor with overlap gives us about 40 foot cut per pass.
normally mow the lucerne ( or alpha ) at 16 klm per hour . mows a 100 acre center pivot of hay in 4.5 to 5.5 hours depening on how rough the paddock is and how often i stop and get out for a smoke.
the same setup handles forage or cereal hay just as good no problems cutting barley , oats or forage sorgum , the more you jam in front of the thing the happier it is.

What tractor is that, I'm not good with the old ones.
attachment.php

thats my old pumpkin tractor . its a nuffield 10/65 . its the last nuffield built before they were taken over by leyland.
65 hp 4cy diesel 5 forward gears plus hi low in each hence the 10/65 badge name
i also have another couple of nuffields which are 3/42 . , 42 hp 3cylinder 5 gears no hi low.
and a 45 hp one with the 10 speed box , this last one has a broken crank and i cant find another crank for it ( yet )

Aerodynamics!!!! LOL!! More like Rhodendynamics, to flow through the congested "Middles" between blueberry rows.:D

The "Orchard fenders" are used on tractors to keep the tires from grabbing canes and shoots and breaking them, or knocking off blooms or fruit.

Most rows of Blueberrys are planted 8-10' apart, and when the bushes get mature, and especially when they are heavy with fruit, they leave about 2-3' open between the rows. The fenders gently push the shoots and canes up and aside without breaking things.

The fenders on this one are Home made out of 10ga steel and 3/8' internal framing to allow for pushing over small trees but still get beat up.

Narrow compact Tractors are a hoot!
85hp in a package about the same size as one of those CUT's, but 6,000lbs of weight and more narrow. Sorta like a formula Car in handling, just LOTS slower and a 16 fwd speed gearbox, diff locks....and a 150 watt stereo:D
LOL! The Landini can almost turn inside most lawn mowers

Heres our "Swamp Mule" that normally resides at our other field.
Old 1920 Ford/NewHolland w/ loader, pressed into a GP berryfield tractor because it is so light for the swampy muck on that farm, and the Landini would just sink.

attachment.php

The fenders on the 1920 are also home Fabbed. The fronts are low enough to be under the canes as they sag so they don't need the orchard fenders.

Yes those are beehives and my little employees don't mind me getting close LOL!! Ya can't hear yourself think in the field right now on account of so many of them at work.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

And here I was thinking you were just pimpin.

JD and International

Dad bought one like this at an auction in the early 1960s for $500. We used it to fill silos.

JognDeere.jpg

Our neighbor had a WD6, the only one I ever saw. This is a WD9 I saw at a tractor fair. Only one I have also ever seen. It out pulled an Oliver Super 99.

WD9International.jpg

Ok Ok here is mine

moreswing001.jpg

I don't think it classifies as a tractor, more a lawn mower but what is so BEAUTIFUL about it is that it not me driving. Nope, its my neighbor Bruce. He cuts my grass... for free!
Well, he uses it for his place and buys gas, he also bought her a brand new seat which I hear is pretty comfy. All I have to do is keep it running.
I got her 500 frm the side of the road on my way back from returning the Troy- Built to HD. I knew better than to buy a T-B but was thinking " its new, it should last a few years at least". Not so. The drive belt wouldn't stay on and after repeated attempts from HD to fix it the belt fell off once again up in the yard. No problem, I just rolled it back down and put it on the truck and took it back.
Now when I say " rolled" that is exactly what I did, side over side, about 12 times. The thing was wrecked, I made sure of that. HD took it back and gave me back my 2500... I made sure of that too.
so that is my tractor and my tractor story .

For what it's worth...

Fixed this one up for my mom to use around the yard. Used to be the neighbors and he had it sitting in a shed for years, too $$$ to fix. It was the deck that was giving him trouble. Pulled the deck, new battery, fuel filter, fuel line and carb kit. Runs perfect! ~$55

It will do for mom to pull a small trailer around the yard with.

5-24-09050.jpg

5-24-09052.jpg

Here is some more Deutz 4006 (fixed now) and David Brown 995

3441845258_5de00e10e8.jpg

Is that 4wd and the loader on the David Brown from the factory? I have a pair of 995s but different loader and 2wd. I didn't think David Browns were very popular in the US, still quite a few in Canada.

Is that 4wd and the loader on the David Brown from the factory? I have a pair of 995s but different loader and 2wd. I didn't think David Browns were very popular in the US, still quite a few in Canada.

They are not popular here, but we have two 1410 and 995 it has a case loader on it and 4wd. We just love both tractors, David Browns are a little low on hydraulic flow for most people, but I'll live with that they are good tractors.

Back