Line them up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking saws with a guy one day while enjoying a cold beer and told him that i had 5 saws, his reply was what the heck do you need that many for. All i could think was i wanted more and i might have a problem, but after seeing some of them line ups i am no where near to having a problem.
But i want one

HAHAHA. I know exactly what you mean. I used to think 4 or 5 was "too many" but now...

The funny thing is that in the "early" days of CAD i would try to explain things away - you know like:

"Well, I need at least this many saws because they do different things you see. A 50cc is nimble and light, the 70 has power but still easy to cart around. Then I need a 90cc to tackle the really big stuff. Plus a 40cc is nice for just a little light limbing. And of course you need the top handle for climbing."

My explanation was usually shot down pretty quickly though with a "Ok, but why do you need four 70cc saws??" :p

jeesh some have a lot of saws ,i was thinking i had too many the other night when i counted 8 on the shelf and 4 old timers

Saws hanging out

Here's my saws hanging out after a game of table tennis. They're not a bad bunch but the 5200 is the loud mouth of the bunch.

attachment.php

I have to keep the Stihls separated as they are kind of snobby and sometimes one of the Poulans will kick the crap out of of them.

attachment.php

jeesh some have a lot of saws ,i was thinking i had too many the other night when i counted 8 on the shelf and 4 old timers

Some folks consider 12 saws to be an average haul when they add to their fleet. Some of my best deals have been buying in bulk. Sell off a few you don't want and the rest are free or dirt cheap.

Some folks consider 12 saws to be an average haul when they add to their fleet. Some of my best deals have been buying in bulk. Sell off a few you don't want and the rest are free or dirt cheap.

That was my plan three or four years ago. Haven't sold one yet.

But I have lost count......and feel much better now after reading through this thread -- at least up to this point.:msp_biggrin:

By the way.., nice saws, guys!

:cheers:

Last edited:
A few of 'em in a "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines" lineup.:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mai3REsodC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Can you pick out the one that's not running;))

That is one good sounding line up. May have to put it on repeat to fall asleep listening to it

I have to keep the Stihls separated as they are kind of snobby and sometimes one of the Poulans will kick the crap out of of them.

Happens all the time at my house, but none of my buddies are ever willing to admit it..lol

New addition to my line up. Picked up a ms360 20" bar couple days ago
9ypevybu.jpg
jynehuja.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back