Little Yellow Skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would wonder what all that added weight/traction will do to the drive train.

No doubt will put more strain on the drive train. BRP is the only ATV mfg. that warrants their machines if you are using their Apache Track System. I understand that all the others void the warranty if you use any aftermarket tracks. I went ahead with the extended warranty anyway.

Supposedly, front end parts wear out quicker if you do not have power steering. This one has it, and in fact it is adjustable as well.

Time will tell, but it sure is a hoot to ride........................

Probably not as much as its 60 hp could do. With that said, pin it to the bar! Ha. Jk jk. Its too new and shiny to be horsin' around with. Very nice. I shudder at the thought of its price tag.

Slightly cheaper that a new Harley..............................

Is that from part of your sales pitch to the wife? "See, its even less than the Harley, 4 season use, can pull more wood with it, seats two comfortably (three if you squeeze up real tight), and might be safer if I stay away from standing trees." LOL. I like it.

Is that from part of your sales pitch to the wife? "See, its even less than the Harley, 4 season use, can pull more wood with it, seats two comfortably (three if you squeeze up real tight), and might be safer if I stay away from standing trees." LOL. I like it.

Actually sold my harley a couple of days before. Decided that @ my age I'm gonna go back in the bush. Getting to be too many idiot cagers on the road for my likeing.

Actually sold my harley a couple of days before. Decided that @ my age I'm gonna go back in the bush. Getting to be too many idiot cagers on the road for my likeing.

Yeah, I'm just kidding around. Going back to the bush is a good idea. Keeps one active and in good physical health.

Yes, there are too many idiots on the road -especially if you're on a motorcycle.

I like your new rig. I'd take it if you gave it to me. It doesn't look like you can get it stuck either. Which is a big plus in the snowy woods. Good luck with it and cut safe.

Very nice, but if you are planning on skidding through woods, I would be very careful. I have seen what thorny underbrush etc will do to industrial skidsteer and backhoe tires, I can only imagine what it would do to those and what they cost.

Looks like fun. I bet you could even get some work done with it if you could stop long enough. Looks like a good investment

rottimam - tracks are awesome, you're gonna love them.
I've been running them for five winters now,never had any drive-line issues or problems with parts wearing out prematurely. Just make sure they're adjusted properly before you head out riding. I threw one once because there was too much slack in it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

rottimam - tracks are awesome, you're gonna love them.
I've been running them for five winters now,never had any drive-line issues or problems with parts wearing out prematurely. Just make sure they're adjusted properly before you head out riding. I threw one once because there was too much slack in it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

What part of Ont. are you in?

I'm a bit west of Thunder Bay .
One more caution with the tracks, stay away from the slush. You'll get bogged down real quick.It will turn your bike into a big block of ice. Lakes around here have a lot of slush this year.

Latest posts

Back