Loaner saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the winner of the award for the Most Humorous Response In This Thread goes to:

I have one loaner and it is a nice one..... 2 stroke that requires no fuel...... First stroke you push it forward and on the second you pull it back..... Has a nice wooden handle for comfort and I even throw in a pair of heavy leather gloves.

Another good thing is most people won't ask a second time to borrow an Armstrong saw.

Chris J you have to change that picture....can't focus on the thread at all.

I have no idea what you mean...

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/bin/56.$plit/C_27_photogallery_3222_GroupPhotogallery_listphoto_itemPhoto_0_immagine.jpg

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/bin/56.$plit/C_27_photogallery_3222_GroupPhotogallery_listphoto_itemPhoto_0_immagine.jpg

OK, I give up, the link isn't working.

Last edited:
A friend of mine was doing some tree trimming in his yard, and asked is fatherinlaw if he could borrow his pole saw. He had seen a nice Stihl pole saw that he was asking to borrow, what he got was a cheap pole saw LOL. My friend was ticked because he let his fatherinlaw borrow his power tools all the time.

I on the other hand dont have any saws to loan out. And everybody that knows me knows I jump at the chance to use them. All of my saws I have got non running and rebuilt them myself. If anybody is going to blow them up its going to be me, and I really try to avoid that if possible LOL.

I'll have to get one of them. What is it, Stihl, Husky, Homelite?

It is a Fiskars from Wal-Mart, believe the blade is about 18". Also got a 24" bow saw if the 18" is not enough for them.

I agree 100%, I only have about 3 good friends that I'll let use any of my saws. CJ

I am with everyone else, me and my saw come as a package loaner deal. Even with my closest of friends.

And the winner of the award for the Most Humorous Response In This Thread goes to:

Another good thing is most people won't ask a second time to borrow an Armstrong saw.

I would like to take a moment to tank everyone that has made this possible...........
:big_smile:

Now that I think of it I do a a saw that I would loan out, but it may need a little tinkering to make it run right.......
100_2011.jpg

It is a little locked up and the carb might need a tune...... Military funeral Taps should just about be the prefect tune for it.....

I have loaned out saws in the past, but only to guys I have run saws with personally. That means he's in a pinch and I can't fix his blown saw fast enough...

that being said my thoughts around loaning tools is the same as it is for loaning money to friends...I don't loan money to friends that I ever expect to get back. Its either a "gift" and I give the money freely to that person never expecting to recieve the money(or tool,saw ect) back or I don't loan it out. You set the expectations up front and you still have a friend or you will lose both the friend and the tool/money...

Sometimes loaning someone $500 is the best way to never see them again...:clap:

Sometimes loaning someone $500 is the best way to never see them again...:clap:

Yeah, but that doesn't always work with relatives........especially the ones you'd rather never see again :msp_mad:.

The best way to cause memory loss in a "friend" is to loan them money.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that doesn't always work with relatives........especially the ones you'd rather never see again :msp_mad:.

The best way to cause memory loss in a "friend" is to loan them money.

I hear ya chris, money changes everything....that's why its a "gift" or a "non-event" for me...that way it's my fault for either giving him the money/tool or expecting it back.

I have a policy of not loaning saws out to just anybody, someone that I know that is fully capable will get a saw. For anyone else I keep the biggest ugly saw around the shop,like an 090 with a 48"-60" bar, no one in their right mind would take it to cut 12" and smaller wood up...LOL

I have a policy of not loaning saws out to just anybody, someone that I know that is fully capable will get a saw. For anyone else I keep the biggest ugly saw around the shop,like an 090 with a 48"-60" bar, no one in their right mind would take it to cut 12" and smaller wood up...LOL
I'm not in my right mind. I wish I lived closer. with a 60" bar I don't think I'd even have to leave my lawn chair to do a days worth of work, just leave the work in a circle around me and some mix and bar oil under the chair.

I'd lend a saw to several of the guys on here. Sad thing is, none of them would need to ask for one. There might be 3 or 4 others locally that I would also loan to. Those would be the folks who have the means to replace it if it gets destroyed, and the smarts to keep that from happening.

Hey Jerry I need to borrow that saw...I have a really big tree to cut down and that will be perfect for bucking whats left of it up.

Really dont tempt me...I still have flight rights from Delta....I can be there in a few days.

Latest posts

Back