Log Arch Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got done, so we thought then we thought of more things to add to it.
log-arch-08.jpg

log-arch-09.jpg

Great job! The best part is the chain fall. Have you found something too big for the chain fall and trailer yet? Great use of stuff lying around too.

Great job! The best part is the chain fall. Have you found something too big for the chain fall and trailer yet? Great use of stuff lying around too.

Actually we had to cut up an old not used anymore home made trailer to get the materials! Well the 1 ton chain fall will pick up a 24" x 9' white oak on single line, he can go around the log and back up to the eye to somewhat double the lift power. He has not picked anything bigger that about 16" x 9' (the first pickup) I have larger logs but they were blocked by smaller ones.

Very nice. I use the same technique to make final adjustment to aiming my log arch before backing up with the ATV.

I was quite surprised how easy it was to skid it around on the grass.

JT

Your project surely came together nicely. . .something to think about would be an small 12v winch with a fob wireless remote. HF often has 3000lb ones for right around $50 you could either power it with a deepcycle battery or wire it to the atv. They are very handy and quite durable.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Your project surely came together nicely. . .something to think about would be an small 12v winch with a fob wireless remote. HF often has 3000lb ones for right around $50 you could either power it with a deepcycle battery or wire it to the atv. They are very handy and quite durable.

Thanks, it was a fun project for sure. We talked about an electric winch but he opted for the simple route. He cuts his wood in a pretty remote place so if the battery failed he would be screwed.

JT

Nice work, it's way cheaper to build them isn't it.

Here's the one my father in law and I are building. Going to finfish it this weekend. It's just partially welded, need to fab axles, add gussets, and rig the choker.
IMG_20160306_174147278_HDR_zpswzj1w8yg.jpg

IMG_20160306_174158643_HDR_zpsgdyzirgq.jpg

Latest posts

Back