Log splitter and lift recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kafinlayson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i use about 15 cords per year and have been borrowing a friends splitter. he has a 22 ton husky and it works well for what I split, cycle time is not an issue for me.....but lifting the big rounds has become one. I know that it can go vertical but I think I would rather have one with a lift that could also double as a table for several smaller logs. The only one that I have found that come with a hydraulic lift is the timberwolf and even the entry level onwe with the lift is way out of my price range. i also know that you get what you pay for. :)

i had been looking at the troy built ones at lowes until I found this site. Now sveral others are in the hunt. speeco, timberwolf, swisher, and split-fire......is there a company that makes an add-on hydraulic lift . if so, will they fit on any splitter? I may have to get the splitter this year and the lift next year so I dont want to make the wrong purchase first.

thanks for any advice.

keith

Hi, and welcome to AS. Guys have added them to their splitters but they usually build their own. You can search the site for ideas, but most pics prior to Sept. 2013 no longer work. 15 cords... must have an OWB (outdoor wood burner). You can pick up all kinds of ideas from these guys.

Maybe if you bought the speeco type and fabbed or had someone fab one for you, it wouldn't necessarily need to be hydraulic, the ram could be used to lift it via a cable or rod.

Where are you located? There may be a member close to you who can help with the fabrication. I would if you were fairly close.

If you post a photo of the side you would like to add the lift to it will be easier for folks to make recommendations.

Latest posts

Back