Logger Olympics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Logger Olympics were featured on CBS Sunday morning today. I would recommend this to anybody who has an interest in the logging industry and history of the event. A lot of human interest stories and behind the scenes information presented. Not only that, but some real athletes and competitors sharing their experience and family involvement in the real world story of how and why they became involved in the sport. I'll try and search You Tube for a link to the story, wish me luck.

You can see this story by going to Google and searching CBS Sunday morning, then scrolling down to Nov 6, 2022, click on the story about the logger Olympics, sorry I don't know how to share it, but a simple Google search will lead you there. Hope this helps someone, the story is worth the search!

They need to change the events. I would start with this, and others may add on:

Rounding up the crew on Monday morning.

Driving with coffee in one hand and donetto in the other. (perhaps an obstacle course event}

Creative speaking/terminology.

Splicing lines in the wind and downpour on a 39 degree day.

More?

They need to change the events. I would start with this, and others may add on:

Rounding up the crew on Monday morning.

Driving with coffee in one hand and donetto in the other. (perhaps an obstacle course event}

Creative speaking/terminology.

Splicing lines in the wind and downpour on a 39 degree day.

More?
Interesting, and I can think of a few more, like survive the ride in the crummy, preparing and eating logger food in the field, new guy on the job survival skills, etc......

Back