Logging & CCW?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can carry a gun everyday for 30 years and never need it and that's fine. You can not carry a gun for 30 years and only need it once and that is not so fine.

Ahhh, I understand now. Here in Wisconsin, CCW is legal, smoking dope is illegal, and we like to drink beer (not at work, most of the time).

Hope none of the con crew experience any recidivism while working for you, especially the triple murderer, while you are unarmed.

All the best.

Recidivism is about 70% here. Sometimes it seems the various jails have revolving doors. Unfortunately loggers/tree workers seem to be in jail quite often though for lesser crimes, often fueled by alcohol. We never know who will show up monday morning.

don't know about you all but they keep finding murder victims in the woods way to close to home for me to relax. They say this is/was the meth capital of the world? and them dudes is nuttier than squirrel turds

Last edited:
Drugs are a blight on mankind.

Truth!

We don't knowingly hire any hopheads at my place of business just for the simple fact that most pot heads aren't just pot heads, it seems like they start with weed but they're always gettin into pills and all kind of other #### before too long. I remember going to work at a certain unnamed place here locally and was offered weed, percocet, xanax, and meth all on my first day. That job didn't last long

I feel for you guys. The question was posed at my workplace (Sheriff's Dept.) a few weeks ago. "How would you like to be an owner of a logging outfit, landscaping, construction (basically any business that needs a crew of reliable workers) in this area and try to get a good crew together?" I realize we're jaded, but it seemed like a daunting to impossible task to us.

I feel for you guys. The question was posed at my workplace (Sheriff's Dept.) a few weeks ago. "How would you like to be an owner of a logging outfit, landscaping, construction (basically any business that needs a crew of reliable workers) in this area and try to get a good crew together?" I realize we're jaded, but it seemed like a daunting to impossible task to us.

LOL!
We have that problem hiring for our S.O. so very few get past the drug screening, let alone the background check.
The thing we have with the employees here, is prescriptions, more than half are on head meds.

Nate and Jake will appreciate this:
So I was going down to the mailbox today and I get near the bottom where the road turns to pavement and there's like 5 cop cars surrounding some crappy old Honda and they're stuffing 2 young punks (1girl/1guy) into the back of the car with the bracelets on. It was nuts, like an episode of Bad Boys or whatever that stupid show is called!:laugh:

Haha, hooligans I tell you!

OH hell yeah, every traffic stop around here is gonna involve at least 3 cops for every person in the offending vehicle

LOL!
We have that problem hiring for our S.O. so very few get past the drug screening, let alone the background check.
The thing we have with the employees here, is prescriptions, more than half are on head meds.

LOL Yup, it's not just there.

The thing that burns me lately is the 18-19-twentysomethings that get hauled in on disablility (usually PTSD or bi-polar), with a food stamp card and a medical card. Everybody can't live off the government. Somebody has to work. That assistance should be a last resort for people with families, not for a 19 year old kid that doesn't have anything wrong with him.

the problem here is the illegals it is hard to find a legal workers

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Nate and Jake will appreciate this:
So I was going down to the mailbox today and I get near the bottom where the road turns to pavement and there's like 5 cop cars surrounding some crappy old Honda and they're stuffing 2 young punks (1girl/1guy) into the back of the car with the bracelets on. It was nuts, like an episode of Bad Boys or whatever that stupid show is called!:laugh:

Haha, hooligans I tell you!

Dude, you do realize you live up Haywire right? :laugh:

Back