LogLifterII

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the plan.
attachment.php

Now here is the realization (before making it pretty so you can see it warts and all) but with new log end clamp.
attachment.php

Unlike a Hi-Lift jack on its own it stands up by itself quite well.

The unit breaks up into 3 bits for easier transport.
The Jack with nose/lifter adapter attached
The outrigger or base - long blue and brown thingo
The log end clamp - blue and black thingo
attachment.php

Blue stuff is 1.2" SHS
Brown is 1.6" angle
Black stuff is rounded corner 1.2" SHS

Here a close up of one of the outrigger feet.
attachment.php

The outrigger does not need to be very strong. As long as it is big enough, very little side force is needed to hold the jack in a vertical position provided it loaded in a vertical position.

Here's the log hooks and top clamp.
attachment.php

The welding looks bit dodgy but I'm confident it will hold
The hooks can rotate and open wider to grab up a log end that is on the ground so no clearing under the log to get a grip on it. The hook ends are double gusseted 1/8" steel plate so should be very strong. The top clamp position is movable vertically and unless the hooks are spread this is about the closest grip that can be created without packing.

The hooks can also be moved relative to the jack for extra lift/height.
attachment.php
Anyone else that's not able to see the pics in Bobs post? All I get is a box with IMG in it. This has happened with a few posts I have tried to look at. Anyone have a solution, or ideas on how to correct this?

Pictures posted more than about a month ago have been lost due to a site hack. Text is there but pictures are not. The original posters may have there pictures saved on their computer and will be willing to repost.

Anyone else that's not able to see the pics in Bobs post? All I get is a box with IMG in it. This has happened with a few posts I have tried to look at. Anyone have a solution, or ideas on how to correct this?

None of the pics posted before the Oct/Nov crash are showing up on AS.
I have posted most of these images on another site if you want to see them
(http://www.woodworkforums.com/f132/lift-log-59940/index2.html)
You will have to register to see the pics - I post there under the same name as here.

This was the plan.
View attachment 327208

Now here is the realization (before making it pretty so you can see it warts and all) but with new log end clamp.
View attachment 327209
Unlike a Hi-Lift jack on its own it stands up by itself quite well.

The unit breaks up into 3 bits for easier transport.
The Jack with nose/lifter adapter attached
The outrigger or base - long blue and brown thingo
The log end clamp - blue and black thingo
View attachment 327210
Blue stuff is 1.2" SHS
Brown is 1.6" angle
Black stuff is rounded corner 1.2" SHS

Here a close up of one of the outrigger feet.
View attachment 327211
The outrigger does not need to be very strong. As long as it is big enough, very little side force is needed to hold the jack in a vertical position provided it loaded in a vertical position.

Here's the log hooks and top clamp.
View attachment 327212
The welding looks bit dodgy but I'm confident it will hold
The hooks can rotate and open wider to grab up a log end that is on the ground so no clearing under the log to get a grip on it. The hook ends are double gusseted 1/8" steel plate so should be very strong. The top clamp position is movable vertically and unless the hooks are spread this is about the closest grip that can be created without packing.
View attachment 327213
The hooks can also be moved relative to the jack for extra lift/height.
Found this years ago nothing new for me.
1643514573887.jpeg

Back