Logosol owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diagram's with simple bar support

Finally found my other drawing's of support for long chainsaw bar's , a very simple support , no bolt's required , just a slot for the bar to sit . Cheers MM

What did I miss???

I do beleive that Handlogger wanted info on the Logosol M7 sawmill and not just a polished up view like the dvd . There has also been other member's that have asked for info , who are also considering building their own version of the M7 , so I am happy to provide as much info as possible and hopefully save them a lot of money an hassle , I do believe I have done that so far , As for being dealt with at the Logosol forum , that is all very nice , but unless our member's here , have very strong binocular's or are a member of the Logosol forum , they like me would not be getting any info about the Logosol and therefore the issue's need to be dealt with on this forum , I just joined the Logosol forum when this thread started , I thought well where better to get more info , so our member's can build a better sawmill than I did , even my setup need's work and I am happy for people to comment on my setup , whether positive , negative or other , I feel it is much more important for people to have as much information as possible , so they can make an informed decision . Imbeachy made a similar one for I think about $100us and he has some good idea's that I am happy to use , sound's like jonsered want's to build his own as well , I hope his is better than mine , I am sure that he will come up with some good idea's too , which I will be happy to use also , isn't this what a forum is all about , making friend's , sharing idea's providing info , having a laugh , there will be occasion's when we don't agree , but like they say , sheet happen's . Now as to my question , doe's the Logosol twist and bend much , I will also be asking this question at the Logosol forumCheers MM As to copying , tell me who hasn't copied the bandsaw , circular saw or car and many other's , all these thing's would be similar copy's , but some are better .

Exactly... well said. If I can improve a machine in my shop either by building a clone myself with the improvements in it, or tweaking one already bought (what I end up doing most of the time) then I'm gonna do that for sure. I agree with you MM that one of the benefits of a forum like this one is sharing ideas and maybe IMPROVING designs. I've gotten good ideas from aggie, rail and others. Keep 'em coming.

+1

It's one thing to measure up a specific product and make and sell 10,000 exact clones with no improvement, and another to look at 10 different mills and then make your own using the better features of each mill combined with your own ideas. This is how we progress, otherwise we'd mostly still be using axes.

I agree that rational discussion is a powerful tool for anyone willing to consider both sides of the issue. And as far as originality goes, even "the greats" have been questioned. I mean, does anyone really believe that Gutenberg was the first to communicate via print? No, he just improved on the concept enough so that it became more efficient and, therefore, more readily available to all. And that's basically what many free thinkers have fostered: improvement.

And what did the man say? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." And here's one I like even more because I believe it fits most who would contribute to a venue such as this one, "Necessity is the mother of invention." And even if you're scratching your head right now, you've got to admit that the folks that came up with these adages were some pretty wise fellas. :)

Thanks to all who have contributed thus far ...

I agree.

Thanks to all our Aussie friends, as well as to those closer to home. :clap:

Careful: we're not all Aussies :taped: :buttkick: as much as I love em :laugh: :yoyo: :laugh:

[had to remove some smilies from quotes]

Back