Looking for 12"-18" of snow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just when you thought spring was here in Mn.
The storm is a comin boys...batten down the hatches...winds are easily 40 mph now.

I got a pass on this one. Supposed to have had snow on the ground when I got up but nothing. Clear skies now. Mountains just east of me should have gotten a good dose. AFAIK the ski slopes are still open and enjoying every minute of these late snows.

Harry K

hey ck! my internet is not working all that well ! so as a neighbor at 50 miles or so ? could you please write all posts on paper and throw it to the east wind??? i will sure be looking and watching for the free air mail coming this way at 40 mph plus!! lol still all blow an no snow .. hope the chitties gets it all some how ....stay warm and dry brother!

The wife and son left out of Marquette, MI for home this morning and they're expecting 6 to 12" today and tonight. The boy is going to attend NMU this fall. We're just getting some rain maybe some sleet near the Ohio line.

Last edited:
Here in the Thumb region of Michigan, there is a winter storm warning up for tonight into tomorrow. They are predicting up to 10" total. Nothing happening yet,,,,we will see!!! Haha! Let it come I say,,,,,it will probably be the last blast for the year,,,,,,Here comes Spring!!

Bob

Hang in there boyz! It's been hanging in here too, another few inches of crap tomorrow over the muddy driveways :dizzy:

Another month it should be over! :msp_w00t:

This really sucks. I was hoping the snow was gone for the year. My 1/4 mile long driveway was finally drying up and I havent had to burn wood for almost two weeks. But I just got done firing up a couple of minutes ago. No snow yet, but the wind sure means business. I dont care how much snow we get, I'm not putting the plow back on my truck. I'm officially retired from winter. But it looks like I'll be burning for the rest of the week for sure. March came in like a lion and it better plan on playing by the rules. On the bright side of winter. Me and the wifey will be sitting on a cruise ship for 10 days starting Apr 8th :cool2:

Sunny and 75.. Luvinit.... Sorry fellas... I hate to rub it in... repeat for tomorrow.... Been like this fer about 6 days......

Just saw on the news that the Duluth area is under a blizzard warning, with 12-18 inches possible. It's still in the 70's here but they are predicting colder temps and even a little snow by the weekend. Don't mind the cold, maybe it will kill some of the bugs already out, just wish it would stay dry for a while.

Very windy today! I was digging a hole and a gust of wind came up, blew my hole way over to the treeline! Went over and looked at it, but it was so beat up I couldn't use it. Had to dig a new one.

Mid Michigan is gettin it pretty good right now. I'm sitting here in a hotel room because my boss didn't want me to drive home in this mess. I started looking for a room around 6:00pm and the hotel we usually deal with was sold out, they referred me to their partner hotel next door, who only had a few rooms left. Both desk clerks informed me that Consumers Energy bought up blocks of rooms to move huge amounts of linesmen into the area. Both parking lots are packed with bucket trucks and such from the power company.

It's 3:00 A.M. here in Huron county and it is snowing sideways directly off of Lake Huron. I live one block from the lake. Looks like we'll probably get that 10" or more. I just heard a few rumbles of thunder. I haven't experienced "thundersnow" in about 40 years,,Haha! Looks like I'll have to limber up the old snow blower tomorrow afternoon.

Bob

About 4" on the ground when I got home at 1am, maybe another 1 1/2" since then. Had near whiteout conditions on my way home, 45 mile trip took 2 hours.

Good day for a snow day if ya got a long drive in the morning.

Wet heavy crap too, sticking to everything in sight. With this wind, I got a feeling MNRipper and the others will be right about trees down.

Aint no way I'm plowin this. If the car can't get outta the driveway, I'll take the truck. If the truck can't get out, I ain't going. I made it through winter without putting half my gravel in the lawn and I ain't gonna start now!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh....
The advantages of living in the southern part of north country; we tend to get our March blizzard during the first half of the month (although I do remember an April storm that brought over a foot of that wet, heavy crap). Looking for some wind and rain mixed with some sleet and very light snow... No snow yet, but had some thunder, lightning and torrential rainfall last night. Cold... well cold for late March, low 30's.

Actually like seeing the heavy rain... firms up the ground and driveway; but, now we're under a flood warning... go figure.

the weather folks haven't the slightest clue what's going on. "they" said crookston would get at least a foot and we barely got an inch. all of it went to the ####ties. oh how i hate the cities!

Latest posts

Back