looking for a new chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cidaddy

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new saw for firewood, either a dolmar ps- 6400 or a stihl ms 361. looking for opinions on these saws.

Awesome site!

Last edited:
Welcome to AS, do a search on this site, lots and lots of good info already on this site! If I were looking, I would talk to my local Home depot and see about getting one from there rental fleet, usually around $200, then buy the 7900 piston and cylinder for it and have fun!! Have around $400 in parts in it and whatever a rebuild cost, if you can't do it you're self. The 6400 weighs the same as the 7900, and the 7900 has a lot more power.
Andy

Both are excellent saws............I love the 361 :rockn: Like Sawinredneck suggested.......just do a small search as this topic has been covered quite a bit ;) Welcome to the site by the way. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Freakingstang said:
I would use the opposite of that talon guy...He likes to Fall trees on his saws....
Whatca talking about..........Brutus is as good as new
2inv.gif
LOL! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Freakingstang said:
but you had to buy it twice. Once is bad enough...
Not true at all.........stop it or I will sick my 10 second Eagle Talon AWD on ya :clap: I have been to Norwalk Raceway many times >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

blah hahahahahahahaha. No wonder you like the little saw!!!!

Ok, dood. Name the time and place, seriously. It could be like pinks, without the "I'll give you 10 car lengths". It'll be a run what you brung and hope you brung enough.

Freakingstang said:
blah hahahahahahahaha. No wonder you like the little saw!!!!

Ok, dood. Name the time and place, seriously. It could be like pinks, without the "I'll give you 10 car lengths". It'll be a run what you brung and hope you brung enough.
Just having some fun here...........Hahahaha......I knew that would rattle your cage :cheers: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

cidaddy said:
Thanks guys for the info i ended up buying the stihl 361 yesterday. can't wait to use it.

Thanks again
Great decision! Enjoy that new saw and don't let anyone else use the saw in cherry tree's....their evil :dizzy: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :hmm3grin2orange:

Back