Looking for a Stihl,but which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ms290 sucks ass way to heavy for the power! 150-200 bucks will get u a husky 51 or 55 it will pull a 18" bar buried in anything u throw at it I love my 55

He is not interested in a debate on witch brand is best. He likes Stihl and wanted suggestions on that brand.
I have a MS290 that is 12 years old and has cut 4 to 5 hundred cords of wood and it has worked flawlessly. Still use it once a week.
By bashing his saw choice, your bashing him.

It depends on your needs. I like my MS 170 for light limb work up to 10". Anything over that and the MS 290 comes out.
If that is not enough I break out the 362.
For my bigger work I use my MS 391.
All good saws and all work great for me so far.
Even the cheap MS170 seems to be better then most box store brands I have used in the past.

He is not interested in a debate on witch brand is best. He likes Stihl and wanted suggestions on that brand.
I have a MS290 that is 12 years old and has cut 4 to 5 hundred cords of wood and it has worked flawlessly. Still use it once a week.
By bashing his saw choice, your bashing him.
I'm not debating which brand is better he does not have a 290 it was suggested Im trying to get him in Line to buy the best saw, yes it cuts ok but there are much better choices in the stihl lineup.

I own both stihl and husqvarna saws even an echo and there's some old Macs in there too I run the whole stihl lineup at work, well the pro Line atleast. I personally own a 290 have run a 250 and a 180 plenty would I buy another 290 hell no a 260/262 or what ever they are up to now... Is twice the saw and it's more compact and lighter!

Fyi if u bought a husky it would have only taken 8 years to cut 4-500 cords

hard to go wrong. I would think huskstihl is right on the $, with the 026. 50cc is plenty of power in a pretty small package. anything more seems like overkill.

I'm not debating which brand is better he does not have a 290 it was suggested Im trying to get him in Line to buy the best saw, yes it cuts ok but there are much better choices in the stihl lineup.

I own both stihl and husqvarna saws even an echo and there's some old Macs in there too I run the whole stihl lineup at work, well the pro Line atleast. I personally own a 290 have run a 250 and a 180 plenty would I buy another 290 hell no a 260/262 or what ever they are up to now... Is twice the saw and it's more compact and lighter!

Fyi if u bought a husky it would have only taken 8 years to cut 4-500 cords

Yes you can buy a better stilh saw but not one at the price point as the 290 at 499.00
For the price and value the 290 is the best low cost saw that will do most jobs you throw at it.

Back