looking for good porter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
starting new job with the best wood beening at the back of the lot about 1 km thinking a porter is my best bet.i would lik to haul atlest 4 cord a trip.never worked with one just looking for some sugestings

starting new job with the best wood beening at the back of the lot about 1 km thinking a porter is my best bet.i would lik to haul atlest 4 cord a trip.never worked with one just looking for some sugestings

How big of a skidder do you have I've skidded 1km a few times not to bad if the wood is good.Although takes about an hour to the hitch cut and skid 1km forwarders are good as long as the terrain in pretty flat.What kind of timber are you cutting.

iam running a s10 international same size as 450 tj probably skid 2 cord.the land is not to bad and been wanting a porter for some time any way nice to have the loader around the wood yard.the wood is black/red spruce cedar and hardwood .iam thinking of buying a c4 or 5 treefarmer

iam running a s10 international same size as 450 tj probably skid 2 cord.the land is not to bad and been wanting a porter for some time any way nice to have the loader around the wood yard.the wood is black/red spruce cedar and hardwood .iam thinking of buying a c4 or 5 treefarmer

You are right having the loader sure makes thing alot easier.How are the hardwood prices out there?

lots of fire wood

most hard woods here go for fire wood at $180/220 per cord .hard pulp is $60 and the logs rang from $62-987.00 a thousand and veneer is $ 712-$ 1812.00 what part of ont are u from

Latest posts

Back