Looking for opinions on the Lopi M380 Wood Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjunky23

Just here for the free beer!
Reaction score
Hey Guys I found a used Lopi M-380 wood stove that I am thinking about buying to replace the furnace in my shop. Does anybody that has or does own one now have any advice or opinions regarding them. Thanks.
Jason

It's the forerunner to the Endevour. I have one, really too much stove for my well insulated 1650 square foot upper floor. The ONLY issue I have is the rear support for the baffle is warped, and sometime it gets knocked down and the identical (oops, autocorrect, baffle will) then fall down. I have to let it burn down before I can put it back together.

It is one of the early attempts to use secondary air to get reburn, but it's not near as finicky as what you ordinarily hear about EPA stoves. I paid $300, but my wife was insistent that we needed something RIGHT NOW. I may have been able to negotiate a little if I had been willing to walk away.

I've got two Lopi stoves in my house - an Answer and a Patriot. No regrets here. I saw a nice Lopi on CL last fall and wanted to buy it as a backup, but my wife just rolled her eyes so I never pursued it any further - lol. Wish I could give you more helpful info on your particular model. Good luck with it.

would like to hear more, no telling how long the old double barrel stove in my shop will last.

Back