Lookyyy what my Stihl dealer had kicking around…. picco picco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The other day I had to go to my Stihl dealer to buy a .325 RS chain that was made for my 550xp. I asked him about the 3/8LP large mount bar that Stihl use to offer. He walks over to his bars, moves a few around and slaps her on the counter. I was like a fat kid who just had some cake lololol. I couldn't believe that he had one. He said that its been there for many years. I got a chain for the bar and a 3/8LP rim. Also picked up this nice used older style 25" es bar that came with 2 lightly used chains. The oiler hole, on the 25" es, goes strait through to the other side and the picco bar is like that too. Why is that?
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1704.JPG

I was in search of this particular bar, as I was hoping I could put it on my 550XP with the help of some spacers. I wanted to see how much quicker it would be with 3/8LP….. Just trying to have a little fun lolol. The bar with spacers will fit on the 550, but the chain adjuster nub is way higher and would take a good bit of modding to make it all work. The 550's adjuster nub is also a wider diameter than a Stihl. In order for it to actually work, I would have to grind the adjuster nub down to half of its actual size and drill out the hole on the bar.

The next saw I could put the setup on was my 036. The rim sprocket actually fit onto the drum, where as it didn't fit on the 550xp or my ms361 cuz the drums were bigger….. Almost makes me want to pick up a ms261c just to have a little fun lololol. My main goal was to make another video with other saws vs ms ms241c.

Here is frank'in sawww
IMG_1710.JPG

I been thinking alot about that setup, since Snelling got me stuck on reading-up on it. Really anxious to see how it handles.

And for what it's worth, I kinda like the look of the picco emblem on the bar haha

Im just worried about possibly snapping the chain lolol.

Cannon wants top dollar for a large mount 3/8 picco

Latest posts

Back