MA, Needs the money bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can sympathize with the family, and it truly sounds like the state has it's head up it's wazoo, but the TV station sure puts a slant on it to make logging sound evil. I wish there was still such a thing as a REPORTER, and not all opinion givers.

At least one of the pics shown sure wasn't the work of loggers, or even a halfazzed firewooder like me. Look at the stumps:

21676644_640X480.jpg

With that look, the body of the offender will be found soon enough, under one of those trees.

"Mistakes were made. I am interested in correcting the mistakes and moving forward and making sure they don't happen again," answered Sullivan.

Um, let's run that through the Truth-O-Meter to see what he really meant:

"Mistakes were made. We never intended to get caught. I am interested in shutting you up quickly so this will all blow over, and making sure I don't get fired or prosecuted.," answered Sullivan.

Hmmm. Sorta makes ya wonder where the money trail leads, don't it?

:monkey:

I can sympathize with the family, and it truly sounds like the state has it's head up it's wazoo, but the TV station sure puts a slant on it to make logging sound evil. I wish there was still such a thing as a REPORTER, and not all opinion givers..
I watched the video and only saw a continuation of the frustration of MA. taxpayers with our lawmakers. I'm pretty sure their negative slant was only directed at logging on state owned land. They wouldn't have made a big thing out of it had it been the first time. I guess you'd have to live in this hellhole to fully understand how bad it really is.:cheers:

Expect to see more of this out of Massachusetts.

Petition 09-17 has been certified by the Attorney General and is currently circulating to gain enough signatures to be placed on either the 2010 or 2012 ballot as an initiative.

It's a pretty simple initiative:

Be it enacted by the People, and by their authority as follows:

SECTION 1. Section 2B of Chapter 132A of the General Laws is hereby amended by adding the following sentence, “Commercial harvesting of wood products shall be prohibited on all forested lands owned by the Department of Conservation and Recreation.”

That's all your state parks, forests, reservations, Quabbin Reservoir, etc.

BTW, I don't think Massachusetts is run much differently from Connecticut.

Connecticut DEP figures are that it only harvests half of what the long term sustainable yield is on it's forests, and that's after they mark 40% of them as off limits as either environmentally sensitive to too difficult to access.

But they don't have enough state foresters to supervise additional sales, despite the fact the state turns a profit on it's timber sales, which more then pay the salaries of their staff foresters.

Yeah, the State budgeting process is that fracked up.

I don,t feel sorry for them one bit .. They gave private land back to the government .. Serves them right ........... They should just move back to england .. ...The guy was prolly trying to get a tax break or something .... Chestafield should make the place a pahkin lot !!!!

Latest posts

Back